OEM Trophy Springs

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I have to be honest and say I have MF Springs on my T and they have been on for the last 7/8 years and are amazing.

I also believe these have been made to work with standard Sachs dampers and the spring rates are matched.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I have to be honest and say I have MF Springs on my T and they have been on for the last 7/8 years and are amazing.

I also believe these have been made to work with standard Sachs dampers and the spring rates are matched.
Do the MF springs work on Cup Dampers as well?

Reaction score
Do the MF springs work on Cup Dampers as well?
They will ‘work’ but not as well as a combination of springs/dampers that have been designed to work as a pair.

Will you notice the difference? I’d say it’s unlikely.

Reaction score
Dablk & Mikeyjp,

Good day!
Project almost finished.
Things got a bit weird since we've got in Greece Renault OEM shocks from 182 cup by mistake.
Offcourse my hub was different from cup with 54mm bolt spacing(instead of 60mm cup spacing).
My engineer had this brilliant idea to modify the suspension from non cup to cup.
So we got hubs from Renault RX4 and new bearings and we modified a bit the brake calipers to fit to the new hub.
Springs I got Eibachs prokit lowering about 15mm.
The result is fantastic and now pending to fit on the Michelin Pilot Sport 3 (any other idea?)
and paint the rims.
Check some of my pics.2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 6.jpg

Reaction score
Reaction score
That's interesting, were the Mark Fish springs anywhere on that list?
I don't think he would give that information out to the public as they could easily be copied.

Spring rates of the Eibach Pro-kit
Front 18-27 N/mm; 160- 239 lb/in progressive
Rear 28-70 N/mm; 248- 620 lb/in progressive

Spring rates of the Eibach Sportline
Front 18-27 N/mm; 160- 239 lb/in progressive
Rear 40-85 N/mm; 354- 752 lb/in progressive
https://www.cliosport.net/threads/eibach-springs-not-what-people-think.552420/page-2#post-8051438

Reaction score
apologies if I'm posting in the wrong thread lol, there's lots of technical info in here which I'm not familiar with.
Anyway, I have a broken rear spring. I am looking to replace just the rear, as its best I believe to replace them in pairs.
having a little look around, most replacement springs appear to come in sets. front and back. Am I being a little to simplistic to expect I can buy just the rears?
I got in touch with Renault sport Direct , they inform me that rears are no longer available from Renault part no. 8200342862. Thus RSD are not able to help me.
just wondering what others do for replacements? I guess its K-Tech, Mark Fish, Kam Racing etc. excluding Mark Fish only sets seem available.(as I looked on the respective websites).
I don't mind something that lowers the car a little, but not so as it looks as if its sitting on the wheel arches lol.
any helpful guidelines will be gratefully received.
Many thanks.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
It'd be unwise to mix and match front and rear springs as they are tuned to balance the car front and rear. If original rears are not available (new or used) then the only choice is to buy a full set. Eibach Sportlines are one alternative you've not mentioned and the cost of a full set is probably not that dissimilar from buying a pair of original springs from Renault. All springs are not the same, so before you jump in and buy some read owner feedback about their experiences and preferences as some are more track-oriented than others. I bought a set of low-mileage CookSport springs from the Sales part of the forum that I'm very happy with.

Ant

Reaction score
Ant, thanks for your reply. interesting point you make about the balance and set up, didn't think about that point though obvious now you mention. guess that's why you don't see just rear or fronts, as they are best replaced in sets. I do remember seeing the Eibach red ones on this thread I think, worth considering. Yes I agree best look into what others have said regards replacements and feed back.
Did your CookSports lower the car much? guess it gives a more stiffer/harder ride now? i'll check out the sales section too. cheers.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yes the Cooksports did lower the car a bit, aesthetically a bit better than on the original springs though it's more level than the nose-down stance of the original set-up. I can't say I've noticed any deterioration in the ride, but body roll has been reduced and the car corners flatter. I kept the original springs but haven't refitted them to the car having not felt the need (they are there for the next owner to re-fit if they wish).

Ant

Reaction score
just checking you know that trophy oem rears are simply 182 cup/cup packed springs... and pretty easy to find s/h. Obviously brand new would be better. otherwise its a full set from the usual suspects listed. What I have read is that when you move from the eibach/cup oem setup you loose the slightly nose down look the Trophy had. almost like they originally lowered the front and not the rear.

Reaction score
Thanks for your input Ant. I think fitting any of the Springs mentioned will lower the car somewhat, which I accept and wont fret too much lol.
Good to hear the handling hasn't been compromised, enhanced it by the sounds of it.

Reaction score
Thanks dablk. Yes i was aware they are cup/182 springs. in two minds as to stick or twist lol. Guess it cant be too difficult to find them S/H.
Are you suggesting it will be ok just to replace the rears and not the fronts at the same time? Then new set all round, as you say would be better. The nose down look I would think is for the purist who would like to keep the standard feel to the car. Each to their own I guess with that