OEM Trophy Springs

Reaction score
Sorry nooby here.How much are Mark fish springs and are they better than cooksport

Reaction score
They wont be any harder than other aftermarket springs

Incorrect.

Cooksport springs don't offer as compliant a ride at low speeds on broken surfaces as I found the Eibach Sportlines did, but that's just my personal experience.

Sorry nooby here.How much are Mark fish springs and are they better than cooksport

Welcome aboard Ads!

Can you define what 'better' means? That will help people give you the most objective response.

Reaction score
Had Cooksports on my Trophy and were a harsh ride, recently swapped them for red Eibach Sportlines and wow what a difference!! The Eibachs are awesome!

Reaction score
I have found cooksports to be pretty good, had them on my attic blue 182 and trophy which I did 10,000 miles in last year! I would say they provide a very firm ride so not something which everyone will like.

Reaction score
After running standard, cooksport and Mark Fish springs on my trophy. I found the mark springs where by far the best in ride and bumps. Miles better than the stiffer and shorter travel RS133.

Reaction score
Question is, how do the Mark Fish Eibachs compare on road rather than ride height looks to the Eibach Sportlines.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
My car (369) went in for its MOT today but it’s failed on a broken front spring. My mechanic says there yellow coloured and he’s advised changing both front springs. I’m running Cup suspension at the moment. He phoned Renault today and there quoting £100 each ex vat for as far as I’m aware OEM springs. Is that a good price and what are people generally using spring wise?

Reaction score
Black springs with Yellow blue dots (cups) are £109 each but trophy springs on the front are just yellow and I sure they are more than the cup one's.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Black springs with Yellow blue dots (cups) are £109 each but trophy springs on the front are just yellow and I sure they are more than the cup one's.
Thanks mate. Do you know the Part number of the yellow Trophy ones?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Renault parts direct are currently selling the cup springs for £98.80, Trophy springs are about £110, same as the cup are supposed to be surprisingly.

Reaction score
No but Im sure they are listed somewhere on here. Failing that Call fish bros renault on 01793 461437 or Renault parts direct.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Renault parts direct are currently selling the cup springs for £98.80, Trophy springs are about £110, same as the cup are supposed to be surprisingly.
I don’t see Trophy ones on RPD site unless I’m completely blind??

Reaction score
Trophy No.
They are not on their site. I said they have the cup springs (for your cup dampers) and that the Trophy ones were £110. MarkB has some second hand ones for sale elsewhere on the site.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
They are not on their site. I said they have the cup springs (for your cup dampers) and that the Trophy ones were £110. MarkB has some second hand ones for sale elsewhere on the site.
Sorry Hoolio I wasn’t meaning to sound ungrateful. I’m just completely clueless to what’s what. Forgive me for asking but I take it the Trophy springs won’t fit on the Cup dampers that are fitted on my car at the moment then?

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Sorry Hoolio I wasn’t meaning to sound ungrateful. I’m just completely clueless to what’s what. Forgive me for asking but I take it the Trophy springs won’t fit on the Cup dampers that are fitted on my car at the moment then?

Yes they will.

There is no more Trophy yellow eibach springs in the UK at the moment as I checked at 3pm today.
They would have to come from France if they have stock.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Not a problem, I was just trying to be clearer. Yes they will fit but either will obviously be matched to the damper, though without knowing how different the spring rates are that may be mute anyway. It seems that there are none in the UK at the moment but saw just today that they are available from France as a special order (someone posted on Facebook)