OEM Trophy Springs

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hello, new owner (407) here with a headache...

I have a cracked front spring, these things happen. But I'm having right hassle ordering a new one or a pair. The car has black springs on it, marked with blue and yellow paint, but I've been led to believe the standard Trophy front springs are yellow. Renault (i.e. a dealer contacting Renault UK) has confirmed the black springs on the car are the standard spec for my car, but they have a different part number to the one I found on ClioSport (8200514730). I suspect Renault is just seeing the car as a Cup pack and not the Trophy?

Can anyone help so I can get the car through its MOT! I've looked at alternative aftermarket springs but would prefer to keep the car OEM standard if possible.

Thanks

Ant

Last edited:
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Update - I've ordered 2 coil springs with the part no. I found on here despite Renault dealers (tried a few!) insisting that the springs are the same as the Cup model (or the Extreme version which seems to be the Renault internal designation). There were only 3 springs in the UK when I enquired, so now only 1.

I suspect my car currently has Cup springs on it after various replacements over the years and people fitting what Renault advised or sent. My garage asked me what colour banding is on the springs, which has blue and yellow paint, but Renault have not heard of all-yellow springs which is what I think should be on the car. Not a common car I guess so I should excuse their ignorance, but I'd have thought their system should give accurate information on the parts list for a given make and model number.

Hopefully ownership won't be as painful an experience as it's started out as the car needs quite a few things doing to make it right.

Ant

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
The OEM springs & dampers for a Trophy are as follows.

Front Eibach Springs - 8200514730 (X 2)
Rear 182 Cup Springs - 8200342862 (X 2) - These have a RED & WHITE markings as below

Front Left Sachs Shock - 8200514734 (X 1 Passanger Side)
Front Right Sachs Shock - 8200514733 (X 1 Drivers Side)

Rears Sachs - 8200519954 (X 2)

Clio 182 Cup / Trophy Rear Spring -

2ngsdww.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks MarcR for answering my question, good to know I ordered the right parts in the end despite 3 dealers advising otherwise! It's hard to determine replacement parts when you don't have the originals. But good to know the rear springs, should anyone ever need them, should be much easier to get hold of.

Cheers

Ant

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Update...so the new (correct) OEM springs arrived and were fitted. Below is what came off the car - 2 mis-matched front springs, 1 of which was broken.

attachment.php

I guess one is a Cup spring and the other a standard Renaultsport? Anyway, pleased to have the proper ones on now. Fitted some Sachs rear dampers too as one of the fitted Cup dampers was leaking. I'm not doubting the previous owner's intentions, but it seems Renault routinely send out Cup/standard parts for the Trophy as it's so much more difficult to persist and get the right ones!

Ant

Attachments

• Mismatched front springs.JPG
    Mismatched front springs.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Reaction score
Evening Gents

just looking to build up own knowledge a little here, so hoping someone can help, even though I may actually answer my own questions but seeking clarity if anyone can help.

just had a big service, belts and a broken front spring had to be replaced.

obviously having to have the front two replaced I asked to keep the one good one for future reference.

the two that came off, were yellow and marked Eibach Federn 20/05

1. I take it they are the originals that were fitted to the car in production? with the 20/05 referring to the year? 05(2005)
2. are these yellow Eibach springs still available to buy?

the replacements fitted were black, with part number 8200342860.

1. could these be the cup springs?

the car now sits a little higher up, and some how just doesn't look right.

if the Eibach springs are no longer available, can anymore recommend a suitable replacement? as I would like to return the car to the "original" lower sitting position.

as a side note, again to gain more knowledge, when I remove the dampers for re gassing, I take it the springs need to be removed too? sorry not quite up to speed with that part:flushed:

thanks for any help.

Reaction score
The front springs should be yellow and eibach and still available from Renault but lots of cash. Black springs are more than likely cup spec or extreme on renault parts system.

Reaction score
Evening Gents

just looking to build up own knowledge a little here, so hoping someone can help, even though I may actually answer my own questions but seeking clarity if anyone can help.

just had a big service, belts and a broken front spring had to be replaced.

obviously having to have the front two replaced I asked to keep the one good one for future reference.

the two that came off, were yellow and marked Eibach Federn 20/05

1. I take it they are the originals that were fitted to the car in production? with the 20/05 referring to the year? 05(2005)
2. are these yellow Eibach springs still available to buy?

the replacements fitted were black, with part number 8200342860.

1. could these be the cup springs?

the car now sits a little higher up, and some how just doesn't look right.

if the Eibach springs are no longer available, can anymore recommend a suitable replacement? as I would like to return the car to the "original" lower sitting position.

as a side note, again to gain more knowledge, when I remove the dampers for re gassing, I take it the springs need to be removed too? sorry not quite up to speed with that part:flushed:

thanks for any help.

Sent you a PM mate - got a nearly new pair sat in my garage doing nothing.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Front Eibach Springs - 8200514730 (Standard From Factory) £95+vat Each

These can still be bought from Renault UK.

The route I went down was "Mark Fish"
Mark Fish springs are made to match the Sachs dampers and slightly lower the car also.

Contact Mark himself for prices and availability

http://markfish.co.uk/contact/

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Can you remind me what tubing I need for the bottom of the Eibach original springs? Mine are still in good order other than the tubing at the bottom of the few coils which I ripped off today.

Thanks

Reaction score
Trophy No.
A while back I emailed Eibach themselves and they advised that they could supply direct to me by the meter, like I said it was a while back but may be worth a quick email.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I bought some clear PVC tubing off flebay. I tried a couple of internal diameters and settled for 16mm. Lightly coat the spring with a light oil (3 in1), put the tube in boiling water to soften it and then quickly push it on.

IMG_5343.JPG

I think the original item is more rubberised but the PVC serves the same purpose to stop the the spring coil surfaces from rubbing against each other.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Eibach UK replied a few days ago and have checked the spec sheet and their supplier has stock of 12.5mm PU tubing which is factory fitted to the springs on the Trophy.

Reactions: MC1
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Good stuff, let us know how you get on, I need to do a couple of sets.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi Daniel,

I have dug up the spec sheet and you require 12.5mm PU tube for this application and this is supplied in 1m lengths.

This can be purchased through any of our UK retailers, POTN are a dealer that is good for spares, if you give them part number ‘PU TUBE 12.5’.

Any issue’s please let us know.

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Aftermarket Sales

Eibach UK | 25 Swannington Road | Broughton Astley | Leicestershire | LE9 6TU