Not such a Great Buy - Renault Collection Spyder

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Someone got a little enthusiastic when bidding on the Renault Spyder - paid over 48k in March with fees and 9 months later has taken back £34750 - hopefully the rest of the Heritage cars don’t devalue that quickly.

That’s an expensive 47 miles ( £282 pounds per mile actually )

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Seems odd to me for someone to move the car on quite so quickly, and incur such a hit on it too.

A change of circumstances/priorities maybe?

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
This car has been for sale at Woodstock Car sales since it was bought in March - they also have Dawn’s car that came off the same platform (Collecting Cars) still for sale.

Certainly a big hit - but maybe they know something about the market that we don’t.

Colour does nothing for me in blue.

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
This car has been for sale at Woodstock Car sales since it was bought in March - they also have Dawn’s car that came off the same platform (Collecting Cars) still for sale.

Certainly a big hit - but maybe they know something about the market that we don’t.

Aha, I didn't realise it had gone to a dealer. I personally don't think it's reflective of the wider market, but you'd know more about these things than I. 😉

Reaction score

Agreed Nick,I think if that was in that lovely yellow Renault colour,it would stand out a lot better.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Look how long dawns trophy has been with Woodstock (Weeks / Months)

Seems people would rather bid on CC than buy direct from a dealer

Chipper

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
As someone who has had a Clio Williams from day dot and experienced the engine and power, I’ve always struggled with the Spider, basic, overpriced, too impractical for the UK really and underpowered compared to its peers. I understand their Limited Run Renaultsport appeal but give me a R26R or a 275 Trophy R all day long🤞🏻

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I always thought these were a bit, meh. Whilst the above was a nice example, nearly 50k, really?

Reaction score
Trophy No.

Markets go up and down and currently the Nation is paying for the Covid nonsense/financial disaster, plus its Winter with all the fuel/Ukraine nonsense. A good time to buy, but still try and buy the best one that you can afford as they hold their value the best.