Noisy!

MC1

Reaction score
Didn't Renault change and update all the schedules from what is in the hand books?

I think so, from about 2007 it was all amended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
So I've only been out in my new Trophy a few times since I got it before Christmas, just had her out on a decent run today and is driving great except...

When I got back I noticed it was noisier under the bonnet than I had noticed before. After checking out a few other posts on the Forum I suspect it's the dephaser pulley. I'll stick a video link below, if anyone can have a wee listen and let me know what they think.

Car has done 73k miles, Belts were done in 2010 at 42k miles but no Dephaser according to history.

Any advice??

100% dephaser

Reaction score
I believe I'm right making the following correction - aux belt is 3 years, not 5:
Its 5 years on the aux belt or 3600 use to be 7200 before the 182 was made and there were only 172s i phoned up a Renault main dealer.

Reaction score
Didn't Renault change and update all the schedules from what is in the hand books?

Interesting. I didn't know this.

I think so, from about 2007 it was all amended

Got any proof? Not challenging it was done, would simply like to see what the schedules changed to and that documented by Renault. The change may throw out various peoples service schedules.

Its 5 years on the aux belt or 3600 use to be 7200 before the 182 was made and there were only 172s i phoned up a Renault main dealer.

So it used to be 72,000 miles and five years for both timing and accessory belts, then when the 182 superseded the 172 it became 36,000 miles for the accessory belt and 72,000 for the timing belt, but both are at five years if 36,000 miles not achieved.

MC1

Reaction score
I remember the new cars coming in for their 1st service had an updated schedule. Pretty sure there was an amended schedule which meant older cars had a 1 year service rather than 2 year, if the mileage didn't get high enough. This was across the range of cars & sorry I don't know for the 182 specifically. At the time the general thought amongst the managers was that a 2 year service interval was losing dealerships income,
as car sales & margins were poor at the time. Could equally have been that a 2 year interval was just too long and things were failing as not being spotted in time. Bonnet catch recall comes to mind for starters [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Interesting. I didn't know this.

Got any proof? Not challenging it was done, would simply like to see what the schedules changed to and that documented by Renault. The change may throw out various peoples service schedules.

So it used to be 72,000 miles and five years for both timing and accessory belts, then when the 182 superseded the 172 it became 36,000 miles for the accessory belt and 72,000 for the timing belt, but both are at five years if 36,000 miles not achieved.
That is correct if you have a phase 1 172 book it states 72000 or 5 years for aux belt, buy the time the 182 was released Renault had seen they dont always make it to 72,000 = warranty claim.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just back from Rotterdam with work, booked the car in next week for Timing belt, aux belt, Dephaser pulley, water pump, Oil & Coolant.

Changed air filter this afternoon for one from K-tec. Also had plugs and leads before Xmas. Hopefully get some driving out of it soon!

Got a new front splitter to put on it too as it was missing. Went for a Fabia one from Skoda will get that on next week hopefully.