New member, looking for a Trophy

Reaction score
Hi guys, just signed up after being pointed in this direction. Im on the look out for a Trophy but only have a small budget so not expecting a low mileage minter, only looking at approx £3500. Just trying to save up whenever possible to add to the pot.

Is £3500 reasonable or is there no chance of getting one at that price?

Anyway, i'll take a look around at all your cars who are fortunate enough to own one lol

Chris

Reaction score
only one you will get for that money, is one with all the Trophy parts missing, look at the classified section on here to get and idea of prices

Reaction score
Trophy No.
£4000 will find you one with over 100,000m, a few owners and needing some love. I know!!!
Good luck!

Reaction score
Yeah im hoping I can stretch to £4k. Had a look through the classifieds and a few have been available for around that price Ian so fingers crossed.

Reaction score
Dont waste your time searching for a trophy with £4k

£5500 is about minimum entry level these days for 70/80k

Reaction score
Keep looking, I paid less than £4k 96k miles and totally original. Good luck.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Be patient. I picked up mine about 3 month ago for £4500 with 96k on the clock, a book full or stamps (even recently), cambelt and dephaser done the previous September. It needed a few jobs doing like the front fog is cracked still and they need de-yellowing (laminex), new splitter, and a new lambda but they're all little jobs that took no time, effort and not a lot of money. I've also had to do an injector (£50) and given it a service at the same time (oil, plugs, filter) and finally two new rear tyres and tracking done. Weirdly I haven't minded though as I love this little car and I see it all as getting her back to tip top.

Reaction score
Yeah Ben that sort of mileage wouldnt bother me, im expecting it to be around 100k with my budget. Also if it needs a few jobs doing that isnt an issue, got a few friends as mechanics which I trusted with my Williams so Ill happily trust them with a trophy.

Jon, its a bit too much over my budget at the minute and the distance isnt ideal with you being in Hampshire.

Reaction score
Good luck with your search for a trophy im sure you will find one at some point. But you will need to put in the miles to find it.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I was lucky, as soon as I started looking two popped up for sale in norfolk haha

Reaction score
I had to travel from the south east to west wales for mine! It is worth it financially to buy one what has been looked after and doesn't need much work. I have spend £1,500-£2,000 on mine since I bought it getting it up to scratch! Would have been cheaper to buy a more expensive one that had had the work done already...

Reaction score
You will definately get one at £4500 if you hold out, they seem to be a car with a quick ownership turnover, people buy them but frequently move them on, and frequently regre it and want one again ! (Eh knocker :D

Reaction score
My budget is now £5000, as soon as in back from the Lake District tomorrow I'll be in touch with a couple of people, No.205 sounds like a nice example but can't load the pictures due to no wifi and poor 3G signal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk