New Front Sachs ?

TheSaint

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
So, being new to the Trophy scene, has anybody purchased or replacement Sachs from this company in France ? Although mine are goving me no problems at the moment, they look in a really poor state so looking at options.

MC1

Reaction score
Might be wrong but isn’t it greyed out & you can’t select anything - probably was the last batch that sold out a couple if years ago & they’ve left it on the website.

IRK

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Veban Motorsport in Holland apparently have some new sets left - worth dropping them a message as the chap (Henk) recently confirmed this on a thread in the Facebook group.

TheSaint

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Might be wrong but isn’t it greyed out & you can’t select anything - probably was the last batch that sold out a couple if years ago & they’ve left it on the website.
I can select but my french isn’t good enough to work out where the check out is ! There is a good chance your right though! Will get the other half’s dad to read the website, he speaks fluent french

Reactions: MC1

TheSaint

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Veban Motorsport in Holland apparently have some new sets left - worth dropping them a message as the chap (Henk) recently confirmed this on a thread in the Facebook group.
Ooo nice I’ll have a look

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
in case you're not aware - these could be the twingo rally version. The only desernable difference being a slightly upgraded scraper seal to the top of the damper.

Reaction score
Hi. I’m also looking for a set. Just as a heads up, the website is saying they are out of stock unfortunately.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
This was the company I found a couple of years ago in France. We bought the lot as a group. There should be a thread on here documenting it all. Some owners may have a spare set they may want to get rid of though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ooo nice I’ll have a look
I tried him- says he's got one set left and only takes bank transfer, no PayPal... I asked for a current pic of the last set and he sent me a pic with 2 pairs in! Not sure i'd be sending EUR750 blind based on that.

TheSaint

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I tried him- says he's got one set left and only takes bank transfer, no PayPal... I asked for a current pic of the last set and he sent me a pic with 2 pairs in! Not sure i'd be sending EUR750 blind based on that.
No, I’m always wary of buying things sight unseen and not being able to use PayPal. I’ve even offered to pay fee before and when that’s been declined I walk away

Reaction score

I purchased a pair off him last year. He claimed then they were the last set, and I know someone who has bought two pairs off him since. He must operate like the Saudis do with their oil supply!

Reaction score
I purchased a pair off him last year. He claimed then they were the last set, and I know someone who has bought two pairs off him since. He must operate like the Saudis do with their oil supply!
Ha ha ha. Were they okay then? How much did you pay if you don’t mind me asking?

Reaction score
I haven't yet fitted them rather embarrassingly. But they look brand new, not even a mark on the paint! I got came across them through Facebook, can't remember how, but the chap was called Jesse Liet from Veban Motorsport. It was about 600EUR if i remember correctly, and I paid through PayPal. I was a bit apprehensive, but I thought at the end of the day it's only a bit of money.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Trophy No.
The new set I bought off ebay were originally from Jesse I was told. Just bear in mind any sets will more than likely need a seal change.

Reaction score
Exactly what I thought when I got offered a new pair while mine were getting refurbed. Do I buy them put them on not knowing when they were actually built and get a failure in a few hundred miles so never bothered.

Reaction score
Hello

I have a pair of front Sachs Dampers. They were revised in December 2018 by a professionnal garage in France and have not been fitted since.
I'm french in case you haven't noticed :)
There is no longer the Renault sticker because they were removed during the check.
I think they are worth 600GBP ?