never filling my car up full again!

Reaction score
today i went to my local shell garage to fill up with v power and it cost me £47.54 this time last year my old 172 was only about £38. i cant believe the prices in petrol, i quite like my car nearly running on fumes though feels very good round corners compared to 70kg of extra weight with the petrol, gunna start putting in a tenner i think

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
lol. £10 wont get you far these days. I just put £20 in at a time. saves carrying around the added weight.
I was thinking theother day about how people fill there cars up fully and try to get as many mpg as they can. I wondered how much benificial would it be to just fill half way up, then your not carrying the extra weight??

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i saw a £50 fill up for the first time a week or two back when it was doing just that - running on fumes....

I wouldn't recommend doing it as crap left in the fuel tank get's dragded into the fuel lines and clogs the fuel filter.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ye but then your talking about literally running on whats left in the fule lines.

Reaction score
Not really considerable enough to warrant worrying about. Putting £10 in would mean i would probably have to go to a petrol station 3 times a week and that doesn't sound like fun to me, once every 2 weeks is enough!

I just fill up, talking about burning more fuel as your car is heavier isn't really gonna make much of a difference, but going out of your way to get to a petrol station, five times as often will waste petrol in comparison to filling up 1/5 of the time!

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Who drives a Trophy and worries about petrol costs anyways..........

Reaction score
Me. I stretched myself to buy it so I've not got much left for fuel. It is nice seeing the prices dropping slowly, only another 20p/litre left to fall and I'd be happy.