My Supercharged Clio Trophy to be returned to OEM

Reaction score
After suffering with 3 months worth of complete time wasters and a few test pilots I have decided that it is a sign to keep my pride and joy

I never wanted to get rid of my Trophy and was annoyed with myself for getting the supercharger kit fitted in the first place! The massive loss in money was obviously annoying but I was more annoyed that I felt that my T had been completely ruined.

The Supercharged Trophy was incredibly fast but had lost that fun factor that it originally had.

Having picked up a Future Classics car magazine on Monday morning with the Clio Trophy on the front page and ranked 5th next best future classic my mind was made up there and then! I decided from that point on I am going to keep my Trophy and return it to standard myself. I will be having all small imperfections in the body work and wheels ironed out and keep it in my garage under blankets ready for a nice sunny day.

The supercharger kit along with ECU will be going up on Clio Sport.net and eBay where I hope it sells.

As for the register Trophy 288 will be returned completely back to OEM original with just 33,000 miles on the clock and will be in immaculate condition and remain in my garage sitting on carpet and under blankets waiting for a sunny day :)

Reaction score
I think a sound decision and outcome. Trophys are only growing in appeal which is great, and clearly being recognised for what they offer in a compact and currently affordable package. I think that price will only go up from here, so a sound investment.

But if you look at collectable cars whether a 50's Ferrari worth millions or a 80s Ford worth thousands originality is a major issue and is the compelling factor.

best of luck with the project and selling the parts to recoup the spend.

Reaction score
I have looked at you're trophy advert plenty of times and wondered why hasn't someone snapped up the beautiful beast. From the pictures the car looks immaculate, love the black inserts make me want them on mine. What is the supercharger like on the trophy? Too much power to handle or is it ok?

Reaction score
I think the reason my T never sold was due to the trophy being a rare and potential collectors car and therefore the price is a fair bit higher than the common 182's. To buy a supercharged or turbo charged 182 the price would be around 2 - 3K less.

Also, people who have any knowledge about the Trophy's wouldn't want to buy a heavily modified one, they would want it original. It was very surprising that most of the viewings I had for the Trophy the person did not have a clue about the Trophy model and the differences! So in there eyes they must have just thought this was an overpriced supercharged 182.

My Trophy puts down all the power extremely well and even surprised K-Tec. K-Tec have Supercharged and Turbo charged a large amount of 182's and 172's but never carried out this type of work on a Trophy. When they completed mine and road tested it they could not believe in dry conditions all the power could be delivered to the road without any loss of traction and torque steer next to none! This was very different to the other 182's / 172's they had previously done where they have extreme torque steer and large amounts of wheel spin even into second gear. They came to the conclusion that this could only be down to the Sachs dampers and Trophy set up which was nice to hear.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Damit, will have to find another use for this years bonus. You really are doing the right thing despite the fact I have ben screwing up the courage to call you, running it for a year or so then doing pretty much the same and taking it back to OE.