Must have fast B road mods

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi Guys,

Very interested to hear your thoughts/ recommendations on must have mods to improve the car. Not bothered about aesthetics - performance mods only.

Thanks

Reaction score
Trophy No.
This was discussed loads in the early days and was always interesting so if you have a quiet Sunday…..
I think the general consensus back then was that the T was pretty difficult to improve upon. Improved braking was one, wheel geometry makes a difference, making sure all the suspension and bushes are up to the mark is a must after 15 years. Engine mods always seemed to offer little gain for the outlay apart from improving the breathing, the JMS inlet being probably the best and lastly cut down the weight, forgo that second helping of apple pie I guess.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Suspension refresh, new wishbones / bushes, decent tyres, upgraded brakes (pads, fluid and braided lines), LSD (such as a helical Quaife as opposed to a hardcore track-focused plated diff). Sorted.

Engine? I would leave it well alone and just enjoy as it is. Waste of time spending money on engine performance mods in my opinion (based on experience!) :LOL:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Agree with above , I think your skill will give out before the cars speed , they were never meant to be 120mph + weapons up to 100mph on twisty roads will keep up with most cars . You’re getting the Sachs done , so I’d do the track rods that I gave you with car and the top mounts then poly bush everything to firm it up. You are doing the brakes you said which are good anyways . You could even take the rear seats out for a few kg reductions .

Reaction score
Agree with the above, bushes & brake etc.

IMO if you really want to turn the wick up in a Trophy id be looking at your control surfaces and ones that can easily be swapped back to OEM.
Fixed bucket seat such as a Pole Position mounted low in the car and a smaller steering wheel. The Trendline seats look lovely but aren't the most comfortable or supportive and even though lower than an OEM 182 seat by 10mm are still about 25mm higher than they should be. Likewise the 182 steering wheel is huge and the steering rack on these cars is slow at best.
As well as brakes ie high quality discs/pads, fluid, id concentrate on getting yourself as well held in the car as possible.
This will inspire confidence and allow you to push the Trophy that little harder.
Add in a diff such as a Quaife ATB, these are mods that can be felt and enjoyed at all speeds and really make the car feel a more focused machine.

Reaction score
Megane Brembo’s with good pads and 15’s, they drive so much nicer than on 16’s!

Definitely a smaller steering wheel and lower the seats, feels less like you’re sat on the car.

Reactions: Jas