Misfire on Injector 4

Reaction score
Trophy No.
So now of the opinion that the misfire reported by diagnostics on injector 4 is indeed a misfire on number 4.

If diagnostics show injector misfire, is it definitely this or could it be leads/plugs/anything else?

Should I change the injector anyway? How easy is this and how are they numbered looking at the rail from the front? 1-4 left to right?

Reaction score
They're cheap and easy to change, id personally just fit a full set of 4. ( Circa £135 a set of Genuine Marelli)
Fuel rail crash shield off, carefully remove the fuel line on the left (take care not to damage/lose either of the 2 o rings) unbolt fuel rail.
The injectors will be tight so will need to be carefully persuaded out with a pry bar.
Clean all areas before refitting, light silicone grease on the o rings before refitting and refit in the reverse order.

Generally cylinders are numbered with #1 at the primary drive end. So as you look at the motor in the car standing at the front bumper, #1 will be on your left and #4 on your right.
PSA (Peugeot Citroen group) number theirs with #1 at the clutch end/ #4 at the primary drive end.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Great info, thanks. Confident on changing them but never done it before so all insight is appreciated :)

Think you're right, if taking it part may as well change them all and keep in a spares box.

I did read that it's a good idea to take out fuse 30 (I think?) and crank it over as that disables the fuel pump and depressurises the system. Worth doing?

Reaction score
Great info, thanks. Confident on changing them but never done it before so all insight is appreciated :)

Think you're right, if taking it part may as well change them all and keep in a spares box.

I did read that it's a good idea to take out fuse 30 (I think?) and crank it over as that disables the fuel pump and depressurises the system. Worth doing?

Personally wouldn't bother, i didn't, its not like the system is holding a huge amount of pressure anyway.
You can test the resistance on the current injectors, they should be between 14/14.5ohms

Reaction score
Got same issue with mine at moment misfire cylinder 4, plugs/coil etc done still not right thinking of replacing injector 4 however makes sense to replace all 4 as they are all now 15 years old.