Reaction score
Trophy No.
Finally got around to fitting this after having it stashed away for 20 months :oops: What a fecking fag, more of a wrestling match to be honest. Anyway it's now wedged in but I'd appreciate a look at anybody who's got one fitted at the ND as I'm not totally happy with it's position.
Pretty intrigued by the AV (what is does etc) now I've got it off, quite a lot larger than I expected really.

The Mayhem, it actully got worse once I'd started to fit the splitter

Attachments

• IMG00049-20090928-1418.jpg
    IMG00049-20090928-1418.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 79
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Move, it's not going anywhere believe me. Do you mean the slam panel bolt or the bolt that uses the original air box mount?

Reaction score
20 months!!! I thought I was bad with around 6months before I fitted it :lol:

It's a really tight fit between the battery and the metal sheet that one of the air feeds was connected. Think you can only get few mm clearance either side.

Great piece of kit (everything you need in box) enjoy :D

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I get less than 1mm between the battery and IK, thats with the battery as far back as it can go. The other side is touching the metal sheet thingy, the rubber strip is wedged in between.

Tighter than a crabs arse.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
When I said wedged I do mean wedged, there was some clearance between the battery/flitch panel and the Ik but after I attached the hose and tightened up the bolts it seemed to pull it in such a way that it was contacting both sides even after I shifted the battery back as far as I could. Also the hose seems to flatten slightly on the bend. i may try to loosen off and introduce some more washers to see if I can alter the angle of the er dangle but I don't really want to take it out again and have to remove the six little Hex bolts that hold the filter in, I hate those little F**ckers.

Reaction score
My friend's was wedged in too, I think they are a bad design and need to be a tiny bit smaller. He split a hose of some sort trying to wedge it in and it never looked happy in there. It didn't cause any problems when it was in though.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks for the comments peeps. I shall be loosening it off to see if I can reposition it slightly, ideally I would like to remove and add some washers between the mounting plate and box to try to move it back in the engine bay so the mouth of the box is more in line with the gap between the battery and the flitch and there is lees strain on the hose going to the rear of the inlet but it's unlikely I shall get the time before N/D (think I will take the tool kit)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
yeh, as steve says don't tighten the bolt that connects to the slam panel too tight as the engines natural movement will cause fatigue in the joint and eventual failure.

have a gander at mine at the w/e (assuming my front suspension can get me down to gaydon).

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think I shall be nicking the rubber washers off the OE airbox for the weekend and then looking for some extras as well.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
What a bloody stupid idea that was, they are about half an inch thick.