Liquid Yellow 182 'Trophy' on M3 Cutters

Reaction score

Reaction score
Very nice car. However I hope too many people don't build ones like that or there will be no Sachs dampers left for the rest of us.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'd love this! Can anyone tell if it's got sachs dampers on the rear too, I can't see them listed.

I might make one as I've got some spare dampers - now I've just got to find LY:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Yes it's got the full suspension and hubs. PM me if you've got any other questions.

Reaction score
Good luck with the sale. Personally I think the price is HIGH. You'll be surprised how many LY's are still about, I'd estimate at least 50.

Reminds me of my old one, running Sachs, Trendlines, Trophy Speedlines, Trophy Spoiler and Factory fitted SatNav

Liquid Yellow.jpg

Reaction score
I'd imagine LY was one of the rarest colours, anyone know the production numbers?

Reaction score
I'd imagine LY was one of the rarest colours, anyone know the production numbers?
I think I read somewhere something like 70+ LY but sub-30 in Petrol Blue. Great spotting something that rare.

Reaction score
I've never seen Petrol Blue before, I've just had a quick google and it looks like it would
really pop in sunlight, along with the Liquid Yellow of course :cool:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The Petrol Blue was such a marmite colour, which is why there were so few spec‘ed in this colour I suppose. I always liked it and with under 30 brought into the country, now rare and expensive.

Reaction score
The Petrol Blue was such a marmite colour, which is why there were so few spec‘ed in this colour I suppose. I always liked it and with under 30 brought into the country, now rare and expensive.

yeah it does look a bit like pond water out the sun. Where they not also reasonably expensive to spec compared to the other option colours hence the low order numbers.

Reaction score
Trophy No.

Yeah, agreed. I bought one last year, but it had been really poorly looked after and I decided it was uneconomical to get back to a standard I'd be happy with. That being said. I did a few of the obvious fixes but someone was desperate for a project so sold it and make a few pounds. That being said, given their rarity, I suspect I might end up regretting that decision.

Reaction score
If it is any consolation, I spent a small fortune getting that LY 182 up to standard. Renault parts are not cheap contrary to popular belief.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
yeah it does look a bit like pond water out the sun. Where they not also reasonably expensive to spec compared to the other option colours hence the low order numbers.

I don’t know and hadn’t thought about that but as a specified option it makes sense.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah, agreed. I bought one last year, but it had been really poorly looked after and I decided it was uneconomical to get back to a standard I'd be happy with. That being said. I did a few of the obvious fixes but someone was desperate for a project so sold it and make a few pounds. That being said, given their rarity, I suspect I might end up regretting that decision.

It‘s always difficult to get a return on money spent on a car, let alone a Renault shopping trolley. But with only 19 now on the road in the UK (apparently) I suspect nice ones will go for decent money.

Reaction score
LY and PB were the two ‘ID / individual’ (or whatever it was called) colour options, and I think they were ~£1k. Not surprising very few PBs were specced, it’s a lot of money for an unusual colour that didn’t draw the eye a fraction as much as the LY.

Last edited: