Linking Members to the Owners Reg

Reaction score
Hi all,

I apprciate I am new around here, so don's want to ruffle feathers

One thing I have noticed about the forum its a bit of shame I am not immediately be able to recognise Owners to their cars.

I gather there used to be a third star awarded to actual current owners but its impossible to police with the turn over and it doesnt actually tell you what number they own. I assume it was phased out.

On the cs for example it possible to add a car thread link to your sig. Would it not be nice to be able to do this to your number in the owners reg? Thus whenever you post or chat with others they could immediately see your car.

Considering this is a limited special edition of less than 500 cars (left). It would be good generate more traffic in the owners area.

chris

Reaction score
with 4,000 posts I would .

it is however free, social and informative. I don't understand the logistics of vbulletin boards, so it wouldn't be right to to just shout the odds. If however my suggestion is a simple tweek/tick box for the admin to do give the option then I think it would be great.

prime example Hoollio. I know if I dig thru your posts I can work out which trophy is yours. But your avatar above could just let me have the direct link. Or on retrobike we can have a sig below posts with the links in.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
You can link to a users garage section fairly easily, although it's not a direct link. If you click on a users name, click view profile, click about me and then click on the house shaped button you end up on the garage section.

here's mine for example...

http://www.cliotrophy.co.uk/garage.php?do=user_garage_view&id=1208

The garage section was better on the old forum and most people tend to just use the owners register now so a link to there would be best as you've said. It would be best if users had the option to put the link in from their own profile.

I'll send Nik a link to this thread and see if anything can be done.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Trophy No.
with 4,000 posts I would .

That doesn't give me any bigger say or you any less. I could walk away from this forum tomorrow and no one would bat an eyelid (some will probably cheer)

We need new suggestions.

Reaction score
I agree and disagree. I agree we should all be equal on here. However the commitment to the site to get to 100,500,1000,4000 beyond is different to what i bet many users dont get past 20. I openly admit i joinned last year to source turinis for my 182. Then vanished till I bought 120

TBH i dont know on your other point. I think its a good thing to see members with massive post counts. It's a simple fact that yes many of your tally will be just "likes" or "I agree" or +1. However there wont be a question that at somepoint somone like yourself wont have come across, your thread or another. That knowledge is invaluable. Its forums like this one and CS. User guides and others experiences that give me the confidence to try things for myself.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I personally think there should be a setting to say what car you drive under your avatar.

I would not say i am a hardcore user of this forum but i am on it daily and not that I'm blowing my trumpet but the amount of people that PM regarding stuff on Trophys is now becoming a weekly thing and I'm no guru so like hoolio & ben have said everyone should be treated as an equal but the site is more or less to run itself .

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Over the years the site has almost run itself, in my opinion that's due to the maturity of the users that come on here.

Since the new forum upgrade the moderators do not have as much access or abilities. I'm pretty much limited to editing posts/threads now. I can view users settings but the option for editing any of it isn't available.

I'm sure that the suggestions above can be implemented but only admin can make it happen.

Reaction score
Been away for a bit.. thought the forum had actually closed when my old links didn't work .

Anyway nice to see the trophy number added to the avatar options.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Talking of Trophy #'s below the avatar... it would be nice if they could also act as hyperlinks to the relevant Owner Register page...

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I don’t have access at that level to be able to know the answer. There may be issues with keeping that kind of thing up to date. I don’t mind keeping track but I’d have to be given the ability to do it and it may not be possible to do so, I don’t know, that’s if it’s even possible.

I’ll try and find out more...

Reaction score
Cheers Ben,
I don't think I needs to be up to date.. the current system would fail on that anyway when one users sells up for example and doesn't then remove the trophy number from the avatar. So all that would happen is their profile would link to a car they used to own. And new owners would link to the same car they currently own..

if its technically possible.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
It's definitely possible - either through built-in forum software functionality or with a little creative web coding. However, as @BenG points out, you need full-on turbo-nutter b*stard admin-level access for that sort of voodoo! :)

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Until we find out..

If you copy and paste the web address from the trophy owners register (eg #266 thread) , then paste the link into the status box in your profile, then when you click on you’re avatar the link will be available to direct you to your trophy registry.

BDABCB79-5BA9-4D42-AE4C-E3B83A860508.jpeg

3ED0F1C4-5EE9-473B-82AE-BBA537C126B7.jpeg