Knocking / clicking noise when turning

Reaction score
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help me.

I've taken my Trophy to the garge that I use to fix a knocking / clicking noise when turning. It only really does it when making 3 / 5 point turns and not when moving.

They have already replaced the steering rack twice to see if it is this but now say the noise seems to be coming from the sub frame.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
I had a knocking noise from the front when doing 3 point turns initially and then it got worse over time. My problem was solved after the wheel bearings were changed.

You've probably seen my thread about alternative garages and this issue is one reason why I want to find another garage.

The mechanic took a look and told me it was most likely the drive shaft.. So i had this changed, which didn't solve the issue. Then he said he was sure that it was the brakes, so i went ahead and had these changed (which also didn't solve the issue). Finally, he mentioned wheel bearings.

This eventually did solve the issue but I was rather annoyed that I had things changed unnecessarily. Brakes weren't too much of an issues as theses would have needed changing at some point anyway.. but I was stung with the three times the labour charge. Not good!

So my issues was solved once the wheel bearings were changed.. might be worth a try.

Reaction score
Thanks mate, I'll mention that the next time the Trophy goes into the garage.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I had a clicking when pulling away with some steering lock on. Replaced one of the driveshafts to fix this. Depends on the noise and exactly when it happens I guess.

Reaction score
Yeah, its trial and error I guess.

I'm not sure about the work involved, but if it is the drive shaft that you decide to get changed it might be good to change the wheel bearing at the same time (if they're easily accessible when the drive shaft is changed?).

Wheel bearings aren't much but it would save labour cost just in case the driveshaft doesn't solve the issue.