Reaction score
Just come back from Jam Sport after having had one of there 4 pot kits fitted and all I can say is its the only one that's fitted properly as I've tired both the Godspeed and GDi one before and had to use spacers.

There not even bed in yet and the brakes are so much better with an excellent pedal feel and tons of stopping power.

I've linked in the Cliosport thread and will report back on how they handle trackdays as I kept suffering very badly from brake fade before:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=430049

:D

Reaction score
Not sure on what the Jam sport 4 pot conversion offers, but a simple change of caliper will make the brake fade no better, infact in certain circumstances it can be made worse.

Brake fade attributed too overheating, is only really dealt with by going for larger discs (more surface area to heat), better vanes (more cooling effect) or air ducts etc
Should the 4 pots give greater braking, this will in turn generate more heat, hence the potential for brake fade to come on even sooner :eek:

The cup racers used to run standard calipers and pf97's, although i'm sure with a free reign they would have changed, but they managed for many years with set up.

Keeps us posted how you get on :wink:

Chris

Reaction score
480bhp.com said:
Not sure on what the Jam sport 4 pot conversion offers, but a simple change of caliper will make the brake fade no better, infact in certain circumstances it can be made worse.

Brake fade attributed too overheating, is only really dealt with by going for larger discs (more surface area to heat), better vanes (more cooling effect) or air ducts etc
Should the 4 pots give greater braking, this will in turn generate more heat, hence the potential for brake fade to come on even sooner :eek:

The cup racers used to run standard calipers and pf97's, although i'm sure with a free reign they would have changed, but they managed for many years with set up.

Keeps us posted how you get on :wink:

Chris

They use 295mm Brembo HC discs so there a bit bigger.

:wink:

Reaction score
I bought these brakes: http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2288

They are phenomenal compared to my old setup (and in general) which had uprated discs and pads up front but they were pretty worn. These new ones are 4 Pot Hi Spec calipers with (325mm) discs. I also had braided lines throughout fitted and EBC Red Stuff pads front and back.

Really happy with my new setup and will be good to see how you get on with yours.

Thanks,

Patrick