Is the owner here ?

Reaction score
I am trying to get in touch with the owner of the Trophy n°177, is he around here ?

Reaction score
Do you mean Jethro Bovingdon - he had it up until recently I believe. Could try him on Instagram...

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Its a horrendous advert for a car

starting at £9300
Cant even wash or hoover it
I have seen kids with Nokia's take better pictures.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Its a horrendous advert for a car

starting at £9300
Cant even wash or hoover it
I have seen kids with Nokia's take better pictures.

Completely agree, whilst I am no perfectionist I noticed the caps on the wipers were missing and no floor mats, very odd.

Reaction score
If it is/was Jethro's car I couldn't imagine him having it looking a bit untidy and not cared for.

The last piece I read from him relating to the Trophy,it sounded like his first love.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I’m not sure if I’m reading too much in here but the advert says “owned“ by Jethro and him being the “last owner” almost in the past tense and there are other references in the description that seem to imply that ownership in the past tense. It certainly seems to be being sold by someone other than him, I can’t imagine him allowing EVO Magazxine to get passed. All a bit mute now anyway as the item has been withdrawn as “lost or broken” !

Reaction score
This is my comment on the FB Trophy link....I’ve been in trouble before on there for mild expletives so toned it down

“What a poor attempt at listing a car and then expecting to get top money. The photos are all over the place, low resolution junk. Zero effort in preparation, mud up the outer sill, mucky scuff across the inner sill and footwell looks like it’s not been hoovered since Jethro bought it back in May ‘18.
The dull condition of the plastics, state of interior and care taken in presentation give a fair indication as to what you will be getting for your money. “

Its a bit like where’s Wally, the more you look the more you see.......missing bonnet alarm switch, missing wiper spindle covers. I’ve been on the dealer website, carnatter or something similar.....scary front page

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I was under the impression that Jethro sold the Trophy on, and that it is now being sold again by whoever bought it from him...

(No proof of this, though - just a vague memory that may not be true at all! Useful, I know...) :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I was under the impression that Jethro sold the Trophy on, and that it is now being sold again by whoever bought it from him...

(No proof of this, though - just a vague memory that may not be true at all! Useful, I know...) :ROFLMAO:
Yep, pretty much what I was saying in my post above. Pretty lousy advert for a lousy car being sold by a company who are shamelessly using a previous owners name to inflate the price and help the sale. But anyway it’s been taken down now.

Reaction score
Yep, pretty much what I was saying in my post above. Pretty lousy advert for a lousy car being sold by a company who are shamelessly using a previous owners name to inflate the price and help the sale. But anyway it’s been taken down now.

Maybe they're just rammed and don't have time to clean the car for the sake of supporting the price it's listed for.
Though the car sold, so it worked. It's worth what someone's willing to pay for it, and they found someone willing.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Maybe they're just rammed and don't have time to clean the car for the sake of supporting the price it's listed for.
Though the car sold, so it worked. It's worth what someone's willing to pay for it, and they found someone willing.

And who are you I wonder? Being dirty was the bottom of a list of problems probably indicative of the general health of the car and if “finding someone willing to pay” over the top money for a pretty average car was top of the sellers priorities then fair enough, but it doesn’t say much about them to me.

Reaction score
And who are you I wonder? Being dirty was the bottom of a list of problems probably indicative of the general health of the car and if “finding someone willing to pay” over the top money for a pretty average car was top of the sellers priorities then fair enough, but it doesn’t say much about them to me.

Who am I? Just a guy with an opinion, like you. They've rode on Jethro's wave to sell the car, and ok they're clearly not as careful an owner as you. Well... each to their own.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score

I honestly don't think that a car garage / salesman or a private seller are that "Rammed" or busy they can't wipe the door sill with a wet rag or are still taking pictures with a Nokia 7650.

Like I said its strong money for a car that looks average IMO.