If you alarm doesnt beep....

Reaction score
Had the car approx 5 weeks or so but only gets used at weekends and tbh I've not really been anywhere decent in it yet due to work commitments but I had the day off yesterday and noticed something.

When I locked my car it beeped at me 3 times (ive read that this is just the alarm 'arming' BUT it doesn't do it every time, only when it feels like it.

My question is, when it doesn't beep 3 times, is it alarmed or not?

Reaction score
Can't help with an answer, but would be interested to know as mine sometimes beeps 3x, sometimes doesn't with nothing done differently on my part.

Reaction score
I think I read somewhere that the beeps indicate that the alarm may have been triggered. Number of beeps suggests door/bonnet/boot??

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
If your alarm beeps when you lock the car it means you have disabled the part of the alarm which monitors sound from inside the vehicle. If you're in a noisy environment for example you may wish to disarm it so that the alarm doesn't keep going off. You can deactivate it by turning the ignition on and off twice, then when you lock the car it will beep 3 times to signal it being deactivated.

If it beeps when you unlock that it means the alarm has sounded whilst you were away, if you then enter the car you will see a red light flashing by the gear stick, the number of flashes indicate what sensor has activated, the manual states how many flashes correspond to which sensor.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think I read somewhere that the beeps indicate that the alarm may have been triggered. Number of beeps suggests door/bonnet/boot??

If your alarm beeps when you lock the car it means you have disabled the part of the alarm which monitors sound from inside the vehicle. If you're in a noisy environment for example you may wish to disarm it so that the alarm doesn't keep going off. You can deactivate it by turning the ignition on and off twice, then when you lock the car it will beep 3 times to signal it being deactivated.

If it beeps when you unlock that it means the alarm has sounded whilst you were away, if you then enter the car you will see a red light flashing by the gear stick, the number of flashes indicate what sensor has activated, the manual states how many flashes correspond to which sensor.

Good info ... Thanks guys

Reaction score
Thats great info thank you!

Still strange how it only beeps on locking randomly though, hmmm........