Horn and Cruise Control problem #382

Reaction score
Good morning, the horn on my Trophy is inop. It hasn't worked since I purchased the car back in July but was assured it did work at some point with the Momo steering wheel it has fitted! A basic check of the horn unit confirmed that was not the problem!
In addition to this the 'SET' that would show on the mileage display comes on constantly and when the stalk is pressed it comes back on immidiatley, making it very difficult to access my mileage and MPG information. I am thinking the problem may be the rotary loom behind the steering wheel with something shorting out and or a broken wire causing these issues.
Has anyone had this issue and if so is my diagnosis correct?
Many Thanks, Danny.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    132.9 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score
Hi, should imagine, it could be a loose connection ect as you have said, i would get the cowling off and see if you can get to anything, otherwise you might have to take the wheel off, as it could be the button itself

Reaction score
With the horn, definitely worth checking the connection at the horn unit itself (behind passenger side front wheel arch liner, under the headlight). Mine was corroded, so I cut the wire an inch from connector, put a new spade connector and it started working fine again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk