Help with looking for new suspension

Phat tony

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi every one just wanted to start with an apology, im new to forums, me and technology dont really get on and i can just about read and right (i dont even know if im doing this right).
I'm wondering if anyone can help me find new rear shocks and possibly front, front and rear springs. Just wanted to give my 182 trophy a refresh.
Thank you

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Hi There @Phat tony

Firstly there might be some issues for your suspension if you are looking for OE Genuine Renault items.

Front Sachs dampers are no longer available from Renault and if they where you would be looking at a RRP of £1200+ Per damper.
There is sometimes second hand sets that come up for sale both used and new.
If you are buying used items I would also suggest sending them off to BG Motorsport @ Silverstone for a refurbishment but depending what you want it could cost anything from £400 to £1000.
There is other people in and around the forums that could possibly help on the refurbishment side of things also.
**Remember you are 60mm Bolt Spacing for front dampers **

Rear Sachs dampers are also no longer made, produced or sold by Renault UK or Renault France.
The next best options for this are to speak to Mark Fish @ Mark Fish Motorsport and ask about the rear Koni dampers he sells.
Alot of people use this option.
The next best option is to run standard Clio 182 "CUP" dampers.
These can be bought from a number of places and the best and cheapest place is RPD (Renault Parts Direct)
Just make sure you get the "CUP" dampers and not standard ones.

Front springs are also no longer made by Renault but there was a group buy from a users who managed to get the exact same spring and damping rating made by Eibach, Alot of people managed to get these as they are an exact copy of the genuine renault one.
Only different is there is no renault part number on them.

Rear Springs are also very hard to come buy, These are standard 182 "CUP" rear springs with red and white dots on them.
They are no longer made or sold by Renault and you might get lucky and find someone selling them on various platforms.
Here and Clioport.net is a good place to start with a "WANTED" topic and what you are looking for.
Cliosport.net is a paid subscription forum but a very busy place and alot of items for sale.

As for a full spring kit (Front & Rear Springs) Mark Fish motorsport do a spring kit in red just for the Trophy, Its slightly lowers they car and its good value for money, I have had a Mark Fish Spring kit on my car since 2010 with no issues or problems and would highly recommend this spring kit (Front & Rear)

Some Links to help you out -

https://markfish.co.uk/contact/

Reaction score
Second the mark fish springs & konis. Run them on my car & no issues.

Reaction score
Hi There @Phat tony

Firstly there might be some issues for your suspension if you are looking for OE Genuine Renault items.

Front Sachs dampers are no longer available from Renault and if they where you would be looking at a RRP of £1200+ Per damper.
If you are buying used items I would also suggest sending them off to BG Motorsport @ Silverstone for a refurbishment but depending what you want it could cost anything from £400 to £1000.
There is other people in and around the forums that could possibly help on the refurbishment side of things also.

Rear Sachs dampers are also no longer made, produced or sold by Renault UK or Renault France.
The next best options for this are to speak to Mark Fish @ Mark Fish Motorsport and ask about the rear Koni dampers he sells.
These can be bought from a number of places and the best and cheapest place is RPD (Renault Parts Direct)

Front springs are also no longer made by Renault but there was a group buy from a users who managed to get the exact same spring and damping rating made by Eibach, Alot of people managed to get these as they are an exact copy of the genuine renault one.

Rear Springs are also very hard to come buy, These are standard 182 "CUP" rear springs with red and white dots on them.
They are no longer made or sold by Renault and you might get lucky and find someone selling them on various platforms.
Here and Clioport.net is a good place to start with a "WANTED" topic and what you are looking for.
Cliosport.net is a paid subscription forum but a very busy place and alot of items for sale.

As for a full spring kit (Front & Rear Springs) Mark Fish motorsport do a spring kit in red just for the Trophy, Its slightly lowers they car and its good value for money, I have had a Mark Fish Spring kit on my car since 2010 with no issues or problems and would highly recommend this spring kit (Front & Rear)

Now that is what forums are about. Nice job Marc ???

Phat tony

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
You are all amazing thank you so much for all the help, i can honestly say I did not expect such a good detailed response i cant thank you enough ???.
Its a shame that renault dont give the trophy more support, its such an amazing little car thats y i drive it every day.
How long have you guys had your clios for?

Phat tony

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi There @Phat tony

Just wanted to ask how do you find the mark fish spring setup front and rear with the rear koni dampers vs the original setup?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
You are all amazing thank you so much for all the help, i can honestly say I did not expect such a good detailed response i cant thank you enough ???.
Its a shame that renault dont give the trophy more support, its such an amazing little car thats y i drive it every day.
How long have you guys had your clios for?

11 years for me and driven it over 130k miles....!

Phat tony

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
God dam fairplay to you bet you enjoyed every minute of it.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The Mark Fish set up is as close to the OEM set up as you'll get on the after market.

I echo what Marc said re refurbishing the front dampers though - do not bin them, they are hens teeth to get hold off and if it's a daily driver then send off to be refurbished (BG, Rick Perry or Cornering Force are the best three options). While they are away, get some Cup shocks with the 60mm spacing.

Phat tony

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Im in newquay pal, were abouts are you.
Maybe we could meet and then i can get some tips ??

Phat tony

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
The Mark Fish set up is as close to the OEM set up as you'll get on the after market.

I echo what Marc said re refurbishing the front dampers though - do not bin them, they are hens teeth to get hold off and if it's a daily driver then send off to be refurbished (BG, Rick Perry or Cornering Force are the best three options). While they are away, get some Cup shocks with the 60mm spacing.
Thank mr cue

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
@Phat tony as its been said above keep an eye out for bits.

Someone was selling rear "CUP" OE Springs for £20 on Facebook.
Well worth it as these are now so hard to find and come across.

My only advice is troll the internet hard and then hoard if you are a serious owner who intends on keeping the car.

IMG_0625.JPG

Rear Cup 00.JPG

Trophy OE Spring 01.jpgTrophy Eibach Spring 013.jpg

Phat tony

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thank you marcb, im presuming they have already gone but if not can you send me the link please.
Im gonna constantly keeping an eye out now, i didnt realise how hard it is to get certain parts.
Thank you again pal.