Heater panel paint cracked

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hiya,

anybody else had this problem as I can’t find much on it? Wondering if it’s best being sent off for restoration or to buy a new condition one? The one with ac isn’t cheap on eBay for a gooden

thanks

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I’m fairly certain they cannot be refurbished and they are no longer available from Renault so unfortunately you are going to have to fork out a few quid (they were never cheap) It is a well known problem and there are threads on here that mention it if you search. I’ll see if I can find one.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks for letting me know they can’t be refurbished , that has saved me abit of time. Also cheers for install posts.
I have bought a clean one off eBay £65 so hopefully this one holds up (almost tempting to buy 2 for the future) ... not looking forward to install but I’m sure given some patience it will come together

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
If you type the OE part number (8200147160) into eBay you get loads but be very cautious of the postage costs.

Some postage costs are £50.00

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Nice one thanks for the number , if this one arrives not as described I’ll be careful ?

Reaction score
Nice one thanks for the number , if this one arrives not as described I’ll be careful ?

I am an honest Ebayer and just unwrapped the parcel at 1am to take photos of it after you bought it.

I am so worried you’re now not happy.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Does anyone know of something that can protect the heater controls fascia. A matte wrap.. ceramic coating? Lol . Ready to put my non-flaked in but want to prep with something

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I don't know of anything really... maybe a lacquer but I'd be worried about doing more harm than good.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I just shoved on some Gtec trim restorer and wax over the top of it, tried it on old panel first to test. . Who knows, cheers for the response