Headrest Mount

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been looking on the internet for a headrest mount for my Clio Trophy so i could mount my GoPro ahead of my first sprint in a couple of weeks time. Looking on the net they are around £100 and also as the 182's have recaro's the normal u-brackets round the headrest doesnt work so rather than spending £100+ i had a go at making my own using a couple of brackets, bit of plastic(so if it breaks it doesnt attack me in the car) and some bolts. Here is the before and after pictures.

I will be using the car a lot this week - around 800 miles in total for work so will give the mount a thorough roadtest and will have a bash at somepoint with the camera. Obviously the footage will be useless as it will be of the M5 for about 100 miles so pretty boring. But if it all works ok - i will post some more detailed instructions in-case people want to make their own.

I reckon it cost me about £10 in total. Will let you know if is anygood after a few miles.

Cheers

Pete

Attachments

• IMG_2816.JPG
    IMG_2816.JPG
    936 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2830.JPG
    IMG_2830.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2836.JPG
    IMG_2836.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey up, I can confirm after 800 miles in my trophy this week the headrest mount is all good and the footage is really stable no shaking. If anyone wants more details how I made it just shout. Takes about 5mins to fit to the car once made and used wing nuts so easy to remove

Reaction score
Hey up, I can confirm after 800 miles in my trophy this week the headrest mount is all good and the footage is really stable no shaking. If anyone wants more details how I made it just shout. Takes about 5mins to fit to the car once made and used wing nuts so easy to remove

Hi looks good do you have a picture of the front / instructions as this looks great.

Thanks

Mike