Group buy. Mark Fish springs

Reaction score
Trophy No.
There is a chap of the FB page canvassing for a possible group buy of the Mark Fish spring package. Probably a big ask with the appearance of the Grams version but they are arguably the ultimate Trophy spring setup. šŸ˜

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
For some reason, I'd assumed Mark had downsized/retired of late, surprised to hear he's up for having another batch of springs made! Happy to be corrected...

Reaction score
There is a chap of the FB page canvassing for a possible group buy of the Mark Fish spring package. Probably a big ask with the appearance of the Grams version but they are arguably the ultimate Trophy spring setup. šŸ˜

better than OEM ?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
For some reason, I'd assumed Mark had downsized/retired of late, surprised to hear he's up for having another batch of springs made! Happy to be corrected...

Indeed, I have no idea what he is now doing but suspect the ā€œdownsizingā€ might be a tell. Not sure he will ever completely hang up the spannerā€™s.

better than OEM ?

How the car is set and preferred is always going to personal, l love the orb, if I remember you hated it šŸ˜‰ but In terms of optimum handling he was racing and working on Renault 5s before many of us were a twinkle followed by Clioā€™s and the T was used as a test bed for the springs so hopefully he knows what he is doing. It would really nice to to have his input of setting etc but not sure we will ever have that.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I had a quick search to see what feedback I could find on Mark fish springs, Wils said the following in May 2020...

'I went Mark Fish springs after breaking the original fitted one, the car is lower by approx 10mm on the front, I like the new set up itā€™s still very much in character to the car, very lively and maybe a bit more mobile at the back under hard breaking etc.'

Reaction score
Luke (Luke335) said...

'If you feel your trophy could be stiffer then the Mark Fish springs are the answer. 25 percent stiffer just about sums them up. A little less comfortable everyday, but the decrease in roll (and I guess the lower centre of gravity) helps create a noticeable increase in grip (with the rear Koni's). This is clear on the road but I wouldn't say the trophy is really lacking as standard for the road. I got frustrated at the Ring and decided I had to have it done.'