Group Buy - Brand New Original Eibach Trophy Front Springs

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The rear springs may not be achievable as they are proving difficult to re-design. I’ll provide more technical talk at a later date once I have been provided with full details. In short to replicate the Renault spring it’s two different diameter of spring so would need an investment of buying 500 sets in one go., The engineers are reviewing the process....as they are trying to replicate ride height and spring rate in a single diameter coil.

That's a little disappointing as arguably the rears would have a larger market being fitted to a much larger number of cars.
Keep up the great work though.

Reaction score
Just an idea, rather than try and find that many people to buy the springs, why not just up the price per unit so we can achieve an order?

We have used that approach at my company with low scale production runs, just upped the price to reflect, rather than attempt to get that unrealistic target of orders.

My only other thought is that they are saying they can’t do it because they don’t want to do it. This might be because they are disappointed with the 50 orders for the front springs when they possibly anticipated more?

Reaction score
Hopefully you get the specs for the rears as I am sure we could get somebody else to make them even if they are one off specials. Sure I seen a wheeler dealers where a company can make them.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Hopefully you get the specs for the rears as I am sure we could get somebody else to make them even if they are one off specials. Sure I seen a wheeler dealers where a company can make them.

He has a pair of genuine 182 Cup rear springs already that have been sent away to the engineers.

Other than that I have no idea where or how you would get that information from as its a 14 year old car and you could say that renault are not very good at documenting things and it can take months / years to find out info and thats if they want to give it to you.

Reaction score
Sorry to sound stupid but are you saying they are just cup springs that came on the trophy?

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Sorry to sound stupid but are you saying they are just cup springs that came on the trophy?

The rear springs on the 182 Cup & The 182 Trophy are standard renault items.

They are black springs with Red & White dots like in the picture below.

Renault now no longer make , produce or sell these hence its hard to get them.

Reaction score
Just an idea, rather than try and find that many people to buy the springs, why not just up the price per unit so we can achieve an order?

We have used that approach at my company with low scale production runs, just upped the price to reflect, rather than attempt to get that unrealistic target of orders.

My only other thought is that they are saying they can’t do it because they don’t want to do it. This might be because they are disappointed with the 50 orders for the front springs when they possibly anticipated more?

The front springs are no issue at all. They are ordered and hopefully arriving any day....

I think you have misread the post.

The front spring is no issue at all, as they have been previously produced by Eibach so in a very simple terms....re order material and copy original spec which has been achieved.

The rear spring was not designed by Eibach. A set of genuine items have been sent to copy however the original spring is far more intricate than initially thought.

To replicate it exactly would mean a financial investment of buying 500 springs......so I’m sure we can agree the theory of upping the price for the rear spring to cover the financial investment of buying 500 is not achievable for about 23 people.

Therefore it’s then down to financial risk would you recoup your investment if you bought 500 pairs of rear springs???

When it’s your own money I’m sure most would suggest not.... hence the issue we are faced it.

Therefore the R&D team at Eibach are still attempting to recreate the original spring via a single diameter coil....

Reaction score
Post about the cup springs on the other Renault forums & you will get more takers I think.

Reaction score
I actually thought they were unique to the trophy and will keep my eyes open for sets now I know.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Post about the cup springs on the other Renault forums & you will get more takers I think.

I personally dont think you will as most people want 20/30/40mm lowering springs and its cheaper and alot easier to buy something like the following for a full set front and back and with the market flooded with them, spares and replacements are easy to get.

Spring Kits -
H&R - Around £196 for full kit
Cooksport - Round £144 for full kit
Eibach Pro Line - Around £152 for full kit
Eibach Sport Line - Around £160 for full kit
Whiteline - Around £130 for full kit
Apex - Around £96 for full kit
Mark Fish Trophy Spec - Around £220 for kit

Coilover Kits -
Ap Coilovers - Around £552 for kit
Bilstein B14 - Around £680 for full kit
GAZ GHA - Around £680 for full kit
Spax RSX - Around £787 for full kit
V-Maxx - Around £418 for full kit
H&R - Around £947 for full kit

@Gareth Y are you talking 500 pairs (1000 springs) or are you talking 250 pairs (500 Springs)

Either way its a big big outlay for some springs that you could have sitting for months / years.

I actually thought they were unique to the trophy and will keep my eyes open for sets now I know.

They are rare, they do come up every now and then but most clios have had suspension changes and very few left with standard springs.

MC1

Reaction score
Great stuff!

Might have been asked already but do the front springs come with the protective tubing? Just planning ahead [emoji106]

Reaction score
I am not sure....I’ll keep my fingers crossed they do.

Reactions: MC1
Reaction score
The springs have arrived....I will sort payment details later.

Reactions: MC1

MC1

Reaction score
The springs have arrived....I will sort payment details later.

Many thanks Gareth. Looks like no tubing on them? Not a problem just checking as I need to order some, if you can confirm.

All the best
Mark