Reaction score
On my way for a game of golf yesterday with my brother I decided to take a little short cut through a small village near where I live. On the way through the village the road narrows slightly, but no where near enough to warrant having to come to a stop to let cars pass.

Anyway as I'm driving this road an old Mondeo comes thundering towards me and I had to pull right to the side of the road as he was veering slightly to my side, he slowed and moved slightly but not quite enough, because he smashed my wing mirror to pieces.

What made it even worse was the fact he carried on as if nothing had happened, and when I found him he denied any knowledge of hitting any car even though there is clearly a distinct scuff on his mirror.

Needless to say I'm a bit angry, but what can I do to get this guy to cough up for a new mirror?

Reaction score
Get bill for replacement mirror, send bill to the turd with a polite letter saying he can pay it now or pay the bill, plus court fees when you sue him through moneyclaim online. Get your insurance company involved if this doesn't work, they will get an insurance agent to investigate, then the police. Don't worry, you found him so he's done. No way he wants to risk a criminal record (perjure is a criminal not a civil offense) by lying in court when the evidence is there.

When all that's done, smash both his mirrors off with a baseball bat and post them through his bedroom window with an overarm throw.

Reaction score
You may wish to remind him that a 5 minute test by the Police will determine that the paint on his mirror is from yours.

However you then open up another can of worms as to whose fault the accident is... which is where it gets fun.

O.

Kirsty

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
id go with the baseball bat option :p would make me feel so much better ;) this is assuming u know where he lives lol

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Steve said:
Get bill for replacement mirror, send bill to the turd with a polite letter saying he can pay it now or pay the bill, plus court fees when you sue him through moneyclaim online. Get your insurance company involved if this doesn't work, they will get an insurance agent to investigate, then the police. Don't worry, you found him so he's done. No way he wants to risk a criminal record (perjure is a criminal not a civil offense) by lying in court when the evidence is there.

When all that's done, smash both his mirrors off with a baseball bat and post them through his bedroom window with an overarm throw.

i like this option.... a varient is instead of the overarm throw, use a sling shot... more power (in case his windows are double glazed) :lol:

Seriously though, this happended to me with the 330, if it's gets to court you'll have to prove who's fault it was - which will be impossible. I'd use the threat of insurance way. Pay him a visit and say you can either pay for this now (about £30-40?) or I can run it through your insurance. Which will cost you more than that next year as your premium will go up.

Worse still if it's a company car, you'll have to explain to your boss what happened and why a guy's claiming against the company.

He'll probably stump up the money. If not, you can use my catapult if you want.

Reaction score
There's no way of proving whose fault it was, although the fact that he just drove off in a hurry speaks volumes!!

Looks like I'm just going to have to pay for a new mirror :( and maybe invest in a new slingshot too.

Reaction score
bleach his lawn...unscrew cap and lob...aparently it takes years to grow back properly...if youve got time ( and balls) spell out what you think of him....

Reaction score
patrickkonig said:
Give me £50 and I'll get him done for you, seriously. :D

You willing to travel North? lol

You could make a killing at those prices...

Oh god, I'll pack up and leave right now

Reaction score
patrickkonig said:
Give me £50 and I'll get him done for you, seriously. :D

As tempting as that is I dont think the £50 would even cover your fuel expenses....

Thanks though!! lol 8)