Fuel Vapour Absorber Canister with Solenoid Valve

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Can anyone please advise if the above requires any form of servicing or if it requires replacing after a set age/mileage?

I understand that system malfunctions manifest themselves as unstable idling or engine stalling.

More than that I am not aware.

Look forward to some insight into something that doesn’t get much attention probably because it is hidden away under the front O/S bumper!

Reaction score
Never ever touched one and I have had a few 182’s.
In fact I had a couple of 182’s where it had been removed and pipework blanked off.

Reaction score
Personally wouldn't touch it until it becomes an issue, which it may never do.
I removed mine to clear space for brake cooling from the foglight apertures.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I had to replace mine, The fuel vapour canister catches the vapour when you put fuel in the car as suggested.
The problem happens when people try to over fill there tank and keep clicking the fuel pump and you push to get as much fuel in as possible.

The carbon canister then fills with fuel and causes an issue, As you can see from mine the fuel has totally filled the canister and it was throwing lights on the dash.
Its a sealed unit so I burst it open to see how much fuel was inside and its was soaked.

Got a second hand canister and refitted and all fixed and sorted.

IMG_2551.JPG

Last edited:
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks MarcB

That’s really useful information and a warning to us all not to overfill with the 99RON!

Interesting to see the contents. Looks horrible!

I did read somewhere that it is possible to ‘blow out’ the canister with a 40 - 50 psi airline ( off the car) but it sounds like a receipt for a flame thrower and potential conflagration ? so you decision to replace is definetly the best advice.

Thanks again

Hugh