Front splitter / group purchase?

Reaction score
Sure! I'll also inquire on shipping cost and whether they can sell VAT free for export to UK. Can't a Renault dealer in UK order from RS Performance for you to be safe from any shipping/ VAT/duty/damage issues? I will inquire on that as well and report back.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
As its been pointed out its from the genuine Renault sport shop.

Been there for months, Only reason we can't order it through our dealers I think is down to certain countries in the EU just stop getting supplied by parts. There is stuff that can be bought in Poland, France & Germany but not in the UK.

Reaction score
I called RS Performance today. They confirmed that the splitter they sell is a remanufactured splitter as per original specs. I've inquired about orders from UK and they say that a dealer can create an account and order for you but due to brexit, RS track record is that an individual has more chance of getting out of customs quickly (or even skip customs altogether) than a pro does. Shipment is 27€ and the guy I talked to seems to think that on the site, by specifying a shipping address in UK, the price should default to VAT free. I really doubt that but you can check it by creating an account, purchase the splitter and continue process until you pay for it just to see what you get. Good luck ;)

Reaction score
Just to make sure, I’m not lauching a group buy but just gathered information on the RSP part. I won’t even buy one myself until I sort out shipping cost... it’s €27 to ship to UK but €35 within France... ridiculous!

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Im now in talks with my Parts manager making an account and possibly doing an order of 10 of them.

Will keep people updated so bare with me. (y)

Ajracer

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I would be interested in one.
Didn’t realise nearly 2 years ago when I ordered the carbon Ktec one how difficult it would be to get any splitter unless it came from Skoda!

Reaction score
Appreciate this post is a few months old. Unsure if it progressed, but can I add myself to the list. A Trophy is a WIP but I’d horde the part either way

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
So I believe these are a composite mould and not like the genuine one.

I have spoken with my parts manager about this and he is not willing to open an account with a company outwit the UK.

Best thing I can suggest is speaking with k-tec and getting a carbon fibre one.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
So I believe these are a composite mould and not like the genuine one.

How will they differ to the OE?

The Ktec carbon fibre matt version is actually fairly similar in looks to the original and is a better “Oe” option than the Skoda thing.

Reaction score
Renault Sport assured me it was original mould and original manufacture. The site lists the part as Made in Belgium which is where the original was made (its marked as such on the original part) . Also description states polyurethane and injection moulding so definitely not fiberglass. I then believe this is the real thing.

Granted, description also says can be painted in any colour which is sort of strange... But it also says homologated and I don't think RS went through the burden of certifying a new part made of a different material than the original.

Reaction score
Yes I know but I think they were just lazy and copied and pasted the rear wing description which states the same (true in the case of the rear wing). Also actually true if you want to match the splitter to the colour of the car or paint it to a contrasting colour but who would do that, right?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
275 + VAT from my local Renault Dealer. But apparently discontinued. Does anyone have an OEM one laying around ?