photo_ed
ClioTrophy Moderator
- Joined
- Jul 22, 2018
- Messages
- 2,348
- Reaction score
- 4,592
- Location
- Yorkshire/Lancashire
- Trophy No.
- 407
As some of you are aware, after a request from a fellow Trophy owner to source these a while ago, it became apparent that the reserves of original items from Renault really have run dry. I think a few of us luckily got our hands on the last few from France about 3 years ago.
So, long story short, I drew a blank, but not wanting to let my friend down (and thinking ahead about others too who might be in need) I set about developing a replica set to OEM+ spec. Bumps to the same crucial specific shape, dimensions and materials spec as close to OEM as poss. The dustcover; I wanted in a superior material to the OEM, as the very soft rubber of the originals is prone to splitting quite easily.
After a few months, I took delivery of the prototypes. I was pleased, they are a fine replica/substitute for the OEM item.
As such I've been producing batches in small numbers. I'm just at the end of my second batch. There are plenty out there in the wild now, and also fitted to cars - including my own Trophy - where they performed beautifully on a challenging WW'26. A set will also be going on my hillclimb 172 Cup too next season.
Now, with pre-orders fulfilled. I can offer 2 sets for sale here.
They are currently priced at £75 per set including UK P&P. (Just for reference, the last OEM set from France I bought when they were still available was around £95 not including shipping and duty, so I'm also chuffed to bring mine to fellow Trophy owners at a price point below this).
If you're interested, drop me a PM on here.
Cheers! Ed.



So, long story short, I drew a blank, but not wanting to let my friend down (and thinking ahead about others too who might be in need) I set about developing a replica set to OEM+ spec. Bumps to the same crucial specific shape, dimensions and materials spec as close to OEM as poss. The dustcover; I wanted in a superior material to the OEM, as the very soft rubber of the originals is prone to splitting quite easily.
After a few months, I took delivery of the prototypes. I was pleased, they are a fine replica/substitute for the OEM item.
As such I've been producing batches in small numbers. I'm just at the end of my second batch. There are plenty out there in the wild now, and also fitted to cars - including my own Trophy - where they performed beautifully on a challenging WW'26. A set will also be going on my hillclimb 172 Cup too next season.
Now, with pre-orders fulfilled. I can offer 2 sets for sale here.
They are currently priced at £75 per set including UK P&P. (Just for reference, the last OEM set from France I bought when they were still available was around £95 not including shipping and duty, so I'm also chuffed to bring mine to fellow Trophy owners at a price point below this).
If you're interested, drop me a PM on here.
Cheers! Ed.


