For Sale Trophy 057 £7495

Reaction score
Hi, I am putting my Trophy up for sale.
Please find a copy and paste of the Pistonheads advert:

(Pictures to follow when I get home!)

Clio Trophy 057/500
Offered for sale with a new set of Sachs front dampers yet to be fitted.
Currently sorned – owned since February 2014 since when I have covered approximately 5500 miles. Being my second car I have only used it in the summer months in that time.
The previous owner had already refurbished the Front Sachs dampers at Cornering Force in October 2013 and fitted new front anti roll bar bushes however since I have had the car I have tried to recondition the car to the best possible standard.

The work I have carried out is on the Owners Register of the excellent Clio Trophy forum and space prevents me from listing everything!

However, some of the highlights are;:
Eibach Sportline springs (fitted 2014)
Sachs rear dampers (fitted 2014)
Mintex M1144 front brake pads and discs (fitted 2017)
Hel braided brake lines (fitted 2017)
Bridgestone Re002 tyres (with plenty of tread left)
Vibratechnics engine mounts
Powerflex dogbone gearbox mount
Powerflex rear beam mounts
Powerflex rear shock mounts
Powerflex power steering bush
Piper exhaust with Powerflex rear mounts (fitted spring 2017)
Eibach camber bolts – with a little extra negative camber (-1.3)

Cosmetically:
Had the front and rear bumpers and door handles painted.
Replaced both “Trophy” side decals
Fitted Carbon fibre front splitter and exhaust surrounds
Refurbished all four alloys in correct colour Ixell 205-110
Richbrook gear knob
Snappy steering wheel refurbishment

The car has partial service history, I have changed the oil and filter every year and in 2016 I replaced the timing belt, water pump, clutch and clutch cable.
The MOT runs until September 2019.

All receipts for parts and work carried out will obviously be included.
Also to be included a new set of unused Sach Dampers (bought at the beginning of this year) with nuts, bolts and fresh top mounts and also a genuine “Trophy” side decal and Renault garage car cover.
The car is in good order, the only cosmetic issues being the bonnet as expected with a car of this age there are a number of chips and a deep scratch on the upper drivers door B pillar.
Air conditioning was disconnected by the previous owner and I have never intended to connect it again so I am unsure if it would work.

The car is great fun to drive and I really in two minds whether to sell or not. However I have not really used it at all this year and have generally lost interest in it so now is the time to move on to something else.
Although sorned I will tax for any test drives if required.
Car is four miles from the M74 near Lockerbie

Thanks

Reaction score
Pictures from October this year..........

thumbnail_DSC_0072.jpg thumbnail_DSC_0061.jpg thumbnail_DSC_0069.jpg thumbnail_DSC_0070.jpg thumbnail_DSC_0068.jpg thumbnail_DSC_0071.jpg thumbnail_DSC_0058.jpg thumbnail_DSC_0055.jpg

Attachments

• thumbnail_DSC_0061.jpg
    thumbnail_DSC_0061.jpg
    507.2 KB · Views: 78
  • thumbnail_DSC_0061.jpg
    thumbnail_DSC_0061.jpg
    507.2 KB · Views: 74
Reaction score
Thank goodness for that... I saw it and nearly came back for a third time!!! £4700 tidy, with spare sachs snappy and great history.. sub 100K.

I did think owner must be really need to shift it!!!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Recognised the details straight away, so much for the sellers 100% positive feedback!

Reaction score
Taken down now, I had one reply telling me its still for sale. After my second email it disappeared....

You wouldn't like it Chris, not enough stuff to rebuild (although I am sure you would find something!)

Reaction score
Double it and it yours!!!!
I think I need to fall back in love with it and get out driving it once the weather warms up.
Just this morning I was coming up with different routes in my head so I don't think we are ready to part just yet.
If the market drops and I get desperate i'll let you know!!

Reaction score
That sounds like a right pain in the arse.

How did the supposed "owner" get all the information on your car?

Either way hopefully it's sorted for you now...

Reaction score
Looks like it was copied and pasted from Pistonheads or.... even this forum.
Bad guys lurk in the shadows everywhere.

I spoke to eBay who wanted me to fill out a form regarding interlectual rights but they seem to be missing the point that somebody could be potentially conned out of a lot of money unless something was done quickly.
Even if they were protected by eBay it would no doubt cause a lot of upset and anguish to get your money back.
I think my second email which stated I was the legal owner made " the seller" remove it, eBay seemed a bit warm and fluffy over it.

Here's hoping that's the end of it but a big thumbs up to the Trophy community for bringing it to my attention.

Reaction score
I think it's happened again and suckered me in messaged them on Ebay and asked them to call me so that have my number but that's all

Reaction score
Had even spoke to my boss about taking a day off to travel down, thank you for sharing this post that it's a fake add, saved me!

Reaction score
I can only think they try to get holding deposits then the trail ends? Theres a bunch of obvious ones where description are just an email and no feedback on seller but copying real adverts lot harder to spot and this one seems to be using an established account selling womens clothes? So if complaint made surely that would impact that account with 480 feedbacks?