FOR SALE: Clio Trophy - 16k miles

Reaction score
PS it doesnt matter either way. I dont even know what you had it up for -- but you can move onto the next car now-

Best of luck

Reaction score
It was up for 20 bags then sold for 19,500 now back up again for 20 bags lol

I got a feeling next one to come up will be 25k!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
With respect- & im not replying again - you didnt sell it for 19.5k.
A car dealer putting 19k into a car wants minimum 10% ROI.
So to pay 19.5k as you have indicated then list @ 19.9k isnt going to happen. Ever.

It doesnt matter what they paid you for it. Its not your worry any more.

Ciao

Reaction score
I think Steve is on the high grade lol what you smoking bud?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Fair play for selling it for that money - no matter whether the price was £20k, £19k or something close!that is a great deal!

I have just done 3,000 miles in my Clio trophy this month and thinking I should maybe sticking it in a garage rather than piling on the miles!

Out of interest where is the car now for sale? As in actual location as would love to go and see it to see what a car with that few miles is like in comparison to mine on 124k and counting!

Cheers

Pete

Reaction score
With respect- & im not replying again - you didnt sell it for 19.5k.
A car dealer putting 19k into a car wants minimum 10% ROI.
So to pay 19.5k as you have indicated then list @ 19.9k isnt going to happen. Ever.

It doesnt matter what they paid you for it. Its not your worry any more.

Ciao
I never said I sold it for £19.5k, not sure where you got those imaginary figures from.

I priced the car where I thought it was right and sold it for how much I wanted within days of advertising.

Not sure why it is any of your concern how much I sold it for, or how much profit the trader who bought it is going to be making.

Leave him to his business and get on with your own.

Reaction score
Fair play for selling it for that money - no matter whether the price was £20k, £19k or something close!that is a great deal!

I have just done 3,000 miles in my Clio trophy this month and thinking I should maybe sticking it in a garage rather than piling on the miles!

Out of interest where is the car now for sale? As in actual location as would love to go and see it to see what a car with that few miles is like in comparison to mine on 124k and counting!

Cheers

Pete
Thanks for your kind words.

The buyer was from the London area, give him a call and ask to view it :grinning:

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm smoking crack but how many Trophy's are now up for sale ?

I have found one at £17395 with 16,900 on the clock sitting on Ebay -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-C...363613?hash=item2cbea9da9d:g:Xe4AAOSwE0JY~M5k

I have found this one at £19899 with 16,300 on the clock sitting on hurlingham cars website -
http://www.hurlinghamcars.com/veh_detail.php?showPhoto=519167&did=163&dname=Huringham Cars&msub=2005/55+Renault+Clio+Renaultsport+182+Trophy+-+Low+Miles/As+New/The+Best&pri=19899&miles=16300#null

I have also found this one for £17699 with 21,000 on the clock sitting on divine-automotive -
http://divine-automotive.co.uk/sales

Reaction score
So where is the magic tipping point where a car asking price (I won't say value) fits into the sensible 7-8k price range. Is it 45,000, 55,000, 65,000 miles ? Or is it with dealers that £10k ish is really the starting price for any car under 100,000 miles.

Reaction score
I think we can all agree the prices are going north across the board. Be it panic buying or just on a crest of a wave right now. Are they worth it across at any price point . Probably not but that's the going rate. I see some and thing wow god luck and then I still see some and think.. fair play. Not perfect but well priced.

I jumped back on the rollercoaster with a Bargain basement one to salvage. As I looked at the equivalent williams/ 106 rallye cars and thought good god.. £4K just buys a rusty mess. Didn't want to be hunting in 2-3 years for a project and finding that entry level was £4K for scrap.. as the williams market appears to be.

At least Trophies don't rot.

Reaction score
Maybe I'm smoking crack but how many Trophy's are now up for sale ?

I have found one at £17395 with 16,900 on the clock sitting on Ebay -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-C...363613?hash=item2cbea9da9d:g:Xe4AAOSwE0JY~M5k

I have found this one at £19899 with 16,300 on the clock sitting on hurlingham cars website -
http://www.hurlinghamcars.com/veh_detail.php?showPhoto=519167&did=163&dname=Huringham Cars&msub=2005/55+Renault+Clio+Renaultsport+182+Trophy+-+Low+Miles/As+New/The+Best&pri=19899&miles=16300#null

I have also found this one for £17699 with 21,000 on the clock sitting on divine-automotive -
http://divine-automotive.co.uk/sales

Top one is the first of the >£15k ones that appeared recently. Thread on here titled 16k mile Trophy or similar. Full RenTech of Portsmouth service history. It was originally for sale at £17,995 on PistonHeads.

Second one is the one featured in this thread. Sold to Hurlingham in Fulham. Over the last few years Hurlingham seem to have been getting more into older cars. 80's/90's desirable cars. This 205 GTi they're advertising for £28,990 http://www.hurlinghamcars.com/veh_detail.php?showPhoto=508428&did=163&dname=Huringham Cars&msub=1991/J+Peugeot+205+Gti+-+UNDER+OFFER+TO+MAT&pri=28990&miles=31800 they had for sale about four years ago for around £14,000. I thought it steep at the time! Particularly as it had ~30k miles and they had another for a similar price at ~15k miles.

Not seen the Divine one. Could it be that one that was 'recommissioned' from having those awful non standard Gordini white stripes over it? Mileage was about the same, no? Still had the original exhaust and was sitting on Exalto's. As this does. The rear tyres on this are Exalto's, fronts PS3's.

Reaction score
Seems to me like there are three price brackets:

Upper: £14k+, Low miles, low owners, great history and condition. Destined for collectors/speculators which is kind of a shame since they are unlikely to be used properly, probably stored and polished until bored to death.

Mid: £4-8k, reasonable/average miles, had a few owners but well maintained by enthusiast owners (most of us on here) and like mine get used as the Renault Sport chassis God's intended.

Low: Under £4k, cat C/D, high miles, tatty condition, maybe stripped of all the special Trophy bits or track slags. Good thing about values rising is that these cars will likely fall into the hands of enthusiasts (on a budget) to be rescued rather than scrapped.

I'm happy some are (maybe?) selling for big bucks, 'cos it means I can continue to use mine effectively depreciation free.

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how many of the £14k+ cars new owners show up on here, it would be nice to hear their plans for the cars. I just wonder though if you buy a car with only 20k on the clock for that sort of money whether you would fear the cost of every extra mile after all that is the only defining factor of the car to my mind

Reaction score
Trophy No.
It will be interesting to see how many of the £14k+ cars new owners show up on here, it would be nice to hear their plans for the cars. I just wonder though if you buy a car with only 20k on the clock for that sort of money whether you would fear the cost of every extra mile after all that is the only defining factor of the car to my mind

Being the owner of a 5 GT Turbo with less than 15k on it, you do, though as the cars age the mileage becomes less of a worry and the cost and rarity of parts should you have even a small bump kinda takes over!

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I just can't understand how someone can own a Trophy and resist giving it a good thrashing at every opportunity. I'm less worried about the value than I am the day that I've run it into the ground and can no longer drive it.

Reaction score