NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.

Ajracer

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Whats worrying me is some very nice cars are being offered for sale at the worst possible time.

Im not convinced that all the sellers are forced to sell due to the usual excuse of baby on the way/ new house etc.

My latest copy of Classic and Sportscar magazine is so padded out with dealer adverts it’s hard to find an article to read!

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
You’re right there Andy - definitely not a great time to sell when it’s P……..g it down outside.

Last one like this was the Chap who paid over 90k for the Acid Yellow V6 and then sold for a 20k loss.

Weird in my view and especially when everything is documented on the World Wide Web.

W4KES

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
There must be considerable pressure at the moment to release cash 💷
Unfortunately with people struggling to pay increased interest rates on borrowed money and the attractiveness to deposit money in a bank, these are all factors contributing to luxury goods decreasing. You only have to look at the luxury watch market, which is really suffering.
Seems a good time to buy if you’re able to.

Reaction score
If I'm reading those sold prices and the guide prices now right,the sellers will maybe make a loss/break even/slight profit?

Amazing how quickly the market seems to have turned over the last 6/9 months.

It sort of looks like people believed some of the extraordinary hype that you could buy a car (even a fairly normal/regular runabout) and just automatically make a profit when you sold it.

It will be even harder to gauge what way things will work out for your typical ICE powered car when the pressure starts really ramping up,to phase out new petrol/diesel cars in the next 5/6 years as well I think.

Maybe the enthusiasts market might be able to weather that particular transition better than the more regular market,maybe?

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just watched them run this to £34000 (£39100 including fees) with no sale - that’s quite a big loss if you had to jump and sell

You would even have the sellers fees to come off -

I really do think Classic Car Auctions at this level have run there cause when you take into account the Auction House Fees - however there are always exceptions.

Long live the Collecting Cars platform where only the buyer pays 6% - however how profitable can they be when they only sell about 7/8 cars a day on average.

Last edited:

W4KES

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
What time is the Peugeot turbo going under the hammer Nick ?

Reaction score
Just watched them run this to £34000 (£39100 including fees) with no sale - that’s quite a big loss if you had to jump and sell

You would even have the sellers fees to come off -

I really do think Classic Car Auctions at this level have run there cause when you take into account the Auction House Fees - however there are always exceptions.

Long live the Collecting Cars platform where only the buyer pays 6% - however how profitable can they be when they only sell about 7/8 cars a day on average.

think they sell more now that they have several countries involved

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I’ve just had a count up - even taking into account the rest of the World it’s only around 20 vehicles - some days early 20s however that’s for only 6 days.

Motorway online trade platform has a daily auction - weekends are usually a little lower with entrances however there are 800 cars today - so roughly 6000 cars weekly - amazing business with no real outlay bar crazy advertising costs (TV) and staff.

IMG_1380.png

Reaction score
I'm probably getting this all mixed up,but is Classic Car Auctions the one the likes of Harry does a preview of?

It can be hard keeping track if all the different auction platforms these days (or maybe that's just me 🙈).