Facebook Trophy page - what happens to folk !

Reaction score
Now I’m presuming that most of the people on the FB Trophy group will be on here and possibly vice versa so what is it about FB that turns people into idiots. Is it the instant conversation element of it that enables people to launch into a response without engaging their brain.

I don’t know whether any of you read the bollocks on there last night started when someone advertised a number plate, this resulted in various exchanges about him asking too much for it eventually degenerating into claims of racism supposedly supported by screen shots of PMs between 2 of the contributors. The admin guy (guessing he may be a member on here) stepped in at one point and seemingly “banned” one of those involved but then didn’t - allowing the aforementioned spiralling out of control to crash and burn

Its a public page, anyone reading it must wonder what sort of clowns Trophy owners are. Facebook really does bring out the worst in folk.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Can’t stand it. Came off Facebook earlier this year during lockdown. Haven’t regretted it once. There are just so many idiots about. Many can’t spell, never mind converse in a respectful manner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Am quite glad I didn't bump into this sort of nonsense, completely agree with you, does not warrant it's place here or on the FB page.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I have it but don't use it that much at all.

Like its been said its the devils internet and full of bandits , some that should know better and some that are just too young and stupid to know better.

I can understand a group having 10k+ users having this sort of stuff but a small selected group like "Renaultsport Clio Trophy Club" with 728 members or "ClioTrophy.co.uk" having only 867 members should not really have any issues and if so they should be easy to handle before its spirals into something that can give the group a bad name.

Im old school and for me forums are still the best way IMO

Reaction score
There’s only 700 members on the FB page so quite low to be falling out. I’m guessing it’s not affiliated in any way to this site other that a common interest in the marque

Reaction score
Facebook is full of dickheads full stop.
I only go on there to check out how Karen is getting on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I can only see two when I have a search but yeah very low numbers compared to other groups.

Screenshot 2020-11-22 at 00.13.18.png

Screenshot 2020-11-22 at 00.13.25.png

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I was wondering if that little spat would make it’s way over here. When the “For Sale” thread appeared I guessed it was only going to go one way, the price offered was going to attract ‘well meaning‘ comments that he was being unrealistic and then degenerate into what it became. I didn’t realise to what extent until the notification came through of the second thread started by the OP.
There is only one admin on that page, Audrey (she used to be very active on this forum) There is clearly previous between the two main protagonists that had been brought over from another page but she really should have banned the op when she threatened, from what I can see the only posts he has ever made were regarding the plate sale. I actually think the FB page is relatively well behaved, a
small numbers and as mentioned an overlap of most members here, no public forum or fb page is going to be immune to a little Argo most of the time it’s people taking stuff the wrong way. Having said that I have withdrawn from virtually all of the Clio and 5GTT forums and FB groups to avoid the kind of crap that went on the other day.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
"Im old school and for me forums are still the best way IMO ".

And on the forums, the info that is shared stays on view, so we can refer to it if needed...

I think you get a better sense of community from a forum as well.

IRK

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I was involved in that exchange early on unfortunately (I'm Iain). When the OP asked for evidence of recent selling prices, I provided links showing him two plates that had sold within the last few months for less than a third of his asking price. He then proceeded to personally insult me, at which point I just left it.

I didn't see most of what followed (assuming a lot of it was deleted by admin), but what I did see was previous racist abuse from the OP towards a respected member of the RS community. Vile.

Reaction score
Agree with the comments above. Facebook attracts keyboard warriors but also people seem to forget that everyone knows how to use a search engine to find past and current prices of things - it’s hardly rocket science is it.

some people are definitely trying it on especially when it comes to recent ads about trophy’s for sale on Facebook - just because it’s a trophy doesn’t mean it’s worth £8k and there isn’t a lot of cars so most people will know something about them and whether they are well looked or not.

but in the same vain I get the frustration of sellers when everyone provides their own opinion and view on whether something is priced correctly or not even when they have no intention of buying the item or car.

bottomline is that the majority of stuff I have read posted on Facebook is where people forget they live in reality, can’t spell, and decided if you don’t like their opinion you are clearly wrong and need to be abused or threatened...

the clio trophy forum I have found is supported by like minded car people who have a view on reality and sensible car stuff..

best thing to do with Facebook is to deactivate it.

Reaction score
I’ve not been on it since. In all honesty it’s the same stuff just going round but seems to have found a bit more of a new audience. I guess getting people from outside ownership isn’t a bad thing as they are future owners potentially.
I guess the brutal truth is if you don’t want to put yourself up against the keyboard braves then don’t post on FB pages, it does seem open season when anyone includes a £ sign in a post.
The guy posting the T800 PHY plate did go very quickly on the offensive. I’m guessing he’s probably a previous owner left with a plate to sell.
Im probably banned on there anyway for expressing my concerns !

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Anthony, Audrey has replied on the thread you started there with a faircomment and to be fair the op had been banned, hopefully for being a racist little scroat. But he did seem to be there for one reason only, to sell his overpriced plate.