dipped beam bulb - removal from connector

Reaction score
I have followed the manual and have removed the bulb and connector from the car, but how do i get the bulb off the connector? Help needed now!

:cry:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i think it just pulls out iirc, i only did mine last month but i can't remember which one was the dipped.

One twists and one plugs in - can't remember which is which though.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I thought they were both spade ended so pull, with the indicator twisting in.

Reaction score
i did H1 Main beam. This has the one spade on the end. I have done the indicator bulbs, they are easy. The main beam and side lights are best done together as they are both in the same part of the headlight. the dipped has two spade connectors. It has a metal cage thing underneath, then the plastic holder/connector. I'm scared to pull too hard, don't want to break bulb or connection.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Too long ago for me to remember exactly (see my post about names :) ) but really if you have the bulb and connector out you can see what needs to be prised apart by looking at the bulb and its fitting that you are about to fit.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Right just had a quick look as I was fiddling with the van for its mot exhaust has just gone louder than the orb. Anyway you will see a bit of metal wrapped around the plastic connector, do not undo the clips that hold this just turn the connector ninety degrees and you will be able yo get at the bottom ring of the bulb and just pull the two apart.

Reaction score
Ok ta. My dad and I are going to look at it at the weekend, by which time, hopefully my hand will have cleared up hahaha =D>

Reaction score
PeterGinger said:
Ok ta. My dad and I are going to look at it at the weekend, by which time, hopefully my hand will have cleared up hahaha =D>

I was going to suggest the same, as my dad did mine for me too. :lol:

You can do it yourself though. I remember him using a small flat-head screwdriver to get to the clip and lightly pry it off as the clips sit quite snug.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
There is nothing to stop you taking the clip off but it will only mean you have to remember to put it back on the same way, like i said above if you turn the connector so the faces without the clip are facing you and on the far side the edge of the plate attached to the bottom of the bulb is unimpeded by the clip and the bulb can be wiggled/pulled free.

Edit, because parts of it were gibberish. :oops: