Reaction score
I always have my cruise control switched to the "on" position (after all, you don't really want to be fiddling round under the dash while driving...) but find it really irritating that the dash display then defaults to the "set speed" mode.

Is there any way round this or am I just going to have to live with it?

hyb

Reaction score
Not sure quite what you mean. I find that if you press the resume button it'll go back to the previous speed. If you turn it back on via the +button thought it sets to the speed your currently going at.

Reaction score
Ah sorry, to clarify:

If the cruise control system is switched on (using the dash button so the green icon is displayed on the instrument panel) is there anyway way to prevent the LCD display defaulting to the speed selection screen when you are not actively using the cruise control?

Unless i am actually using the cruise control I'd prefer to see mileage, but I like to have the system switched on so I don't have to go fiddling with the switch by my knees to turn the system on.

Or have I totally missed the point of how the system is set up :oops:

hyb

Reaction score
Ah see what you mean now. I doubt it, as its designed that when you switch on the cruise that it shows the cruise screen, be daft if you'd have to flick through to find it after just turning it on. Just hit the end of your stalk a few times to get back to mileage ya lazy bugger :)

Reaction score
hyb said:
Ah see what you mean now. I doubt it, as its designed that when you switch on the cruise that it shows the cruise screen, be daft if you'd have to flick through to find it after just turning it on. Just hit the end of your stalk a few times to get back to mileage ya lazy bugger :)

Hehe, you could say it'd be daft if the car defaulted to displaying the cruise control setting every time you turn the sodding ignition on! :lol:

Like you say, there probably isn't a way around it... my last car was a Honda which didn't display the cruise control speed (I guess those clever Jap's figured the driver would look at the dials, lol)

Another thing I've noticed that bugs me now is that if you turn off the ESP, that also resets back to default (on) when you turn the ignition off. I better keep reminding myself that its a french car and is therefore gaurenteed to do the opposite to what I'd like! :D

Reaction score
very simple to hit the end of the stalk after getting in, you should always let the engine run for a few seconds before pulling away anyhow (unless warm already) so you can do it then. As for the traction control, I'm pretty sure all modern cars do this so that if a new driver gets in or if it's icy it's always on by default. Also extremely easy to turn off.

I tend to leave the EPS on anyhow and I turn off the cruise control at the switch because I use both settings and don't like the cruise control display going on when I first start the car!!!

So to answer your questions, No, there isn't a way to overide these settings, unless you're an electronic engineer.

My only gripe with this amazing car is how noisy the relay switches are for the windows and wipers. I don't really care just find it odd that my 18 year old GTi doesn't make an audible click every time the wipers sweep.

I think you know how lucky you are when your only complaint of your car is with the electronic gadgetry. I mean who gives a toss about the wipers when you accelerate past a BMW 330i through a 60mph sweeping uphill bend on three wheels, put a smile on my face!

Reaction score
stevegunnis said:
My only gripe with this amazing car is how noisy the relay switches are for the windows and wipers. I don't really care just find it odd that my 18 year old GTi doesn't make an audible click every time the wipers sweep.

That used to annoy me but got used to it now.

My only gripe is that the radio turns off when you stop the engine.

hyb

Reaction score
True about the relays, but after taking my brother for a spin the other day who commented on them, I was all "what clicking?"

You just fade it out when used to it :)

Reaction score
Still not used the cruise or max speed. May have to check out the max speed thing if I keep having to drive along Stocksbridge bypass (annoying point to point speed cameras)

Reaction score
I use the max speed setting on cruise every single day. It's the best invention since sliced bread. I wonder how long it will be until other companies adopt a similar system!

I also can't believe how long I did without it on my 330ci!

O.

Reaction score
Yes you turn the switch off for the cruise control, then it stops doing it. Its not really that hard or inconvienient to do is it?