Clio Trophy 342/500

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
This advert is not mine and came across it on eBay.

1 previous owner, garaged from new.
11k miles on the clock

£18500

Reaction score
This advert is not mine and came across it on eBay.

1 previous owner, garaged from new.
11k miles on the clock

£18500

Looking at the history it's only been potentially driven to the MOT centre and workshop and back in the last 2 years as mileage has pretty much stayed frozen.

Reaction score
All about opinions of course, but for me this is such a waste of a great car. Get it out and drive it please ! £18.5k - crazy price.

Reaction score
But is it crazy money really. You’d pay that for a 2 year old average sized family car. My gut feeling though is that it is maybe £2 -3k on the rich side.

Reaction score
I totally get why collectors would pay the price asked for it, as we say, go find a better one with those miles.

I think the sad thing for me with any ultra low miles performance car with a premium, is that it totally condemns their life to being a shelf queen.
These are always cars revered for the way they drive, and once they have a value invested in their mileage, they're basically dead.
For me personally, its a total waste of a car, its not a piece of automotive art, or a race car that's lived a life and won its silverware.

Its a small French hatch that's arguably one of the finest driving hot hatches of all time, and it will now never be driven and it will never live a life or fulfil anyone with the driving pleasure its famous for.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'm somewhere in between minds on these 'collector' cars. I like the fact that a small proportion of a limited run is maintained 'as new' with incredibly low mileage

Hopefully those 11k miles were enjoyable ones which is better than 70k motorway miles on a Trophy - completely pointless and even more of a waste!