Clio cup 182 xenon yes or no?

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
YES !

One of the best things i done to the Trophy and its night and day difference between the two headlights

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
How hard are they to change from standard trophy headlights?

Bumper off, 3 bolts and one plug.

Once the bumper is off they can be changed it about 10mins if not quicker.

Just make sure you get a set thats in decent condition with no lungs broken or snapped and DO NOT get them posted as they "Will" snap

Reaction score
Just be sure to have a read regarding headlight washers. Technically it's an mot failure to have xenons and no working washers.

Not sure where this stands if they have been retro fitted.

Reaction score
I used to have the Xenons on my old clio, and I do miss them loads, the lenses look much better and the colour on the road is brilliant... My personal opinion is keep the trophy as standard as possible (with exeption to the crappy standard exhaust)

about the MOT... I don't think it's a failures not to have the washer jets. But it's a requirement for the manufacturer to put them on the car when it's being built

Reaction score
I don't actually think the replacement headlamps are xenons, they are H7 projector headlamps. You can fit the bulbs and ballasts into them to convert the projector units but as standard they are just a projector beam lamp

Reaction score
on a previous car i owned i failed an MOT due to no headlight washers..... needless to say the guy that was doing the MOT thought the lights were xenons when in fact they weren't - i kindly pointed out and have not bothered using him again.

i think in all honesty it depends on your guy doing the MOT - i expect similar thing as having a de-cat pipe. Some guys appreciate that most people will swap to put the parts right to pass MOT then just change back so they turn a blind eye to it.

Reaction score
Cup 182 have xenon but only on low beam, high beam is H7. MOT may be OK, here in France the equivalent is CT and very often the CT guy misjudges the blanks as being recessed washers and they pass without question.

Reaction score
Having done a bit of research the 182 lamps are a true xenon not an H7 projector lamp. I'm inclined to keep mine standard. I've had the rotary polisher on them and they have come up perfect. I fitted some Osram bulbs and that has made a difference too. If I come across any xenons locally I may get them just to have as an option but I do like the standard look.