Ceramic coating day

Reaction score
Given the weather forecast for today I thought I’d crack open the Williams Ceramic paint protection kit. I was given a couple of them a while back but left them on the shelf mainly because I was dubious as to the claims about these products and secondly the work involved.

Aware of the claimed long lasting nature of the treatment and the remarks that it can actually highlight paint defects I thought I’d better give the car a clay bar and full machine polish, it’s about 4 yrs since I last did it so it had picked up the usual swirlies and a couple of other marks here and there. I did a two stage machine polish with Megs products and spin doctor rotary. I must say the car looked immediately better and brighter just for that.

I then set about with the kit, using the panel wipe provided then moving onto the magical bottle. I applied it as per the directions using a small microfibre pad from the kit. I must say I found it a very easy operation , just applying a panel at a time, sitting back for a few minutes then buffing the panel with a microfibre.

The car has to be kept dry for a few hours until the coat fully cures. I used about half the bottle so I’m probably going to go round it all again with a second coat.

Certainly if anyone is thinking of treating their car there is nothing to fear in the process but I would suggest you need to get your paint as perfect as possible before you move onto the coating. Also you need to set some time aside, it took me around 7 hrs today and that was with paint that only needed a very light machining.