Car numbers 285 and 422 for sale.

Reaction score
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Since retiring I've enjoyed the occasional visit to car auctions, as a private buyer.
When I was at British Car Auctions in May 2014 a Clio Trophy came up for sale and, pretty much on the basis that my son (TrophyMax) had owned one when they were 'current', and it had been a fantastic car to drive, I bought the car in the auction.
This is car number 285 and it has had two previous owners, making me the third owner. When I bought the car it had nine stamps in the service book, eight of which were with main dealer Kitchens of Burnley; it had done 103,531 miles, warranted as correct. With the car was a record of parts replaced from 2007 to 2013, including cam and auxiliary belts replaced in Jan 2011 and Sachs shocks serviced by BG Motorsport in Feb 2013.
I then had the car serviced and MOT'd by my local garage on 01.10.14 by which time the car had done 104,706 miles. This service and MOT cost £356.94.
Subsequently I had the front and rear bumpers sprayed by a local bodyshop, at a cost of £300, to overcome one or two scuffs.
At the moment the car has done ~107,000 miles.
The V5 for this car is in my name at my home address.

About one month later another Trophy came up for sale at SMA auctions. Because this was a one owner car with 90,369 warranted miles and seven stamps in the service book, including a cam belt change on 31.07.2012 at 72,106 miles, I bought it. Hence I am the second owner of this car, and the V5 is in my name at my home address.
This car has now done 90,448 miles, indicating that it has done less than 100 miles during my fourteen months ownership.
I'd now like to try and find good homes for these cars with genuine enthusiasts who will nurture them in their standard states, and treat them as the appreciating assets which I believe the cars to be.
My reasons for selling are two fold. Firstly I have eight cars and I need to thin this fleet out. Secondly I've had a long standing interest in MX5s and have recently bought two MEV Exocets which are now taking all of my attention. I have therefore decided to concentrate more on MX5s and derivatives than Renaultsports. And I suppose it's reasonable and obvious to add that the Trophies are not getting much use.
I'd like to get £3850 for number 285 and £4350 for number 422.
At these prices I'll ensure each car has twelve months' MOT.
It's very difficult to avoid clichés but I really don't want to part with these delightful cars, and will do so only to good homes. Hence my mentioning of them on this forum. If there isn't any interest here I'll eventually list them on PistonHeads or perhaps succumb to keeping them.
I realise I haven't described the condition of the cars in sufficient detail but will happily answer any questions and provide any requested photographs.
I urge anyone with an interest in this iconic model to come and view these cars. Because I'm retired I can be flexible with viewing arrangements.
The cars are at my home near Skipton in North Yorkshire.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 316
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 313
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 312
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 317
Last edited:
Reaction score
It's not very often that someone can view 2 Trophy's at once. They both look good cars and I'm sure they won't be for sale very long.

Reaction score
A man after my own heart. Looks like YH55 doesn't have a front splitter. All the best with the sales and great that you've kept them clean and original for the next owners.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Good luck with the sale(s)

Not often I see another family with 2 Trophies (I own #259 and my identical twin has #308)