Car 366

Reaction score
Hi all, I am debating whether to buy a clio trophy again or an rb182. For context I bought my old trophy 409 for £2.5k and ran it up to 135k as a daily from bristol to Preston everyday for 8months. As such I get the prices have soared recently but I don’t really want to spend £12k on a trophy which I acknowledge limits my chances

anyway I have seen 366 for sale on facebook
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/931717557488584/ linked to reg plate P90hmr so went to check the register but number 366 looks to be a different car judging by the mot history. Reg sy55msu
https://cliotrophy.co.uk/threads/366.47838/
so is there 2 * 366’s? And does anyone know anything about the car on Facebook?

thanks

Pete

Reaction score
Trophy No.
This is another mystery Trophy that has come about thanks to the stupid decision by Renault not to keep a proper track of number assignments!

I have it on good authority that SY55MSU is #366. An owner of the vehicle contacted me in 2020 and provided details and the VIN number. The Recaro seats were replaced under warranty and, sadly, the number plaque was lost to time.

That's not to say we don't have another duplicate issue. Ideally need proof/evidence of P90HMR's number assignment - or maybe even the VIN or original license plate to allow further checks.

Oracle

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Could the warranty seat from SY55MSU ended up in P90HMR somehow?

Not sure what Renaults warranty parts disposal policy was, when I was at a Honda dealer, anything Honda did not request returned

within 3 months was left to the dealers discretion.

Oracle

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
The same thought had crossed my mind. :unsure:

@Twisty said the car came with full documentation from new, in 2020.

Would this have included any details of the seat replacement?

In theory, you cannot order a complete Recaro seat, but I believe the Recaro`s were an option for the standard 182.

The original owner mentioned a delay with sorting the problem, which was the seat being jammed fully forward, so due

to unavailability of the seat base slider, a factory production line item may have been found.

The supplying dealer, if still in existence, may still have details of the warranty claim, workshop job card etc, if Renault do not.

Reaction score
Hi all,

thanks for the messages, mystery solved.

P90HMR is in fact 336 not 366 which clears up the mileage query on the mot. When I chased up the seller they rechecked the number and said it’s definitely 336

thanks

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi all,

thanks for the messages, mystery solved.

P90HMR is in fact 336 not 366 which clears up the mileage query on the mot. When I chased up the seller they rechecked the number and said it’s definitely 336

thanks

Thanks for chasing up and confirming. (y)