cant get boot open ?

Reaction score
yesterday my boot worked fine as usual but today when i try unlocking it i can only hear the door mechanisms working but not the boot and the boots locked shut.

is there something u can do u turn it off the central locking or that as set the car beeped a few times when i was locking the car up when i was in a rush.wasnt paying much attention at the time.mayby nothing to do with it though.

or does anybody know if its a problem with the clios ?

thanks

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Pretty common problem which is the boot mech solenoid fails. Only fix is a new one but at least its failed locked.

Reaction score
Yeah i had this problem recently, bought a new solenoid think it cost around 45 pounds, and now it's sorted.
But if you need to get in the boot in the mean time, there is a little black catch on top of the lock from he inside of the boot, flip that up with a screwdriver and your boot should open.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Had the same thing fail on my T, part was £50 from the dealer for the whole Solenoid. The motor had failed on my old one. Easy to fit when you have the part, as the post above says, getting into the boot is easy enough too.

Reaction score
finally got round to getting the boot solonoid from renault.

cost £53 inc vat

didnt take long to fit and now works a treat again.

thanks for the help

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mine stopped working and was left in the open position, I never got around to fitting a new one and about 4 months later it started working again, it's been fine for months now, Woohoo!