Reaction score
Hi im unable to put my hand on my service book at the moment and im unsure of when my cambelt needs replacing. 70,000 rings a bell, is this correct? Is there an age limit as well?

Reaction score
What's the average cost for a cambelt and auxiliary belt change in a garage? Might do it myself if it's very ££££! Pitty those belts don't last for ever! lol ;o) ;o) Mines only done 27,000.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mmmm think I would pay someone to do this even if I could do it. And btw mine will not have done much more than 11k when they are replaced. Humph.

Reaction score
11k! That car must have got a very tired reverse gear! lol That's got to be the lowest mileage one around! I've built quite a few of my own engines now and done quite a few cambelts so I'm not fazed about doing it, the biggest problem is not having the facilities to do it in. I could use my mates garage but it's all hassle, I'll probably get a garage to do it.

Reaction score
Just done mine with a mechanic friend its only got 15k on the clock and we smashed the plastic cam cover trying to get it back in :( so cost £30 for that and the water pump gasket was a nightmare to get off its not the job that's hard its the room you have to do it in.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mine due in august but may bite the bullet and go Cams at the same time.

Mine has done 25k, can't believe yours have done 11k and 15k, Sunday toys!?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah mine has been put away since last October, the 5 has been out more! A little sad really, though I do plan to use it more this summer.

Reaction score
no just bought it with 15k on it will be doing about 10k a year now :D i love driving it

Reaction score
glenn said:
Just done mine with a mechanic friend its only got 15k on the clock and we smashed the plastic cam cover trying to get it back in :( so cost £30 for that and the water pump gasket was a nightmare to get off its not the job that's hard its the room you have to do it in.
Was the water pump knackered?

Reaction score
No but for £50 i did not want to risk doing the job again