Bye bye 485

Reaction score
Trophy No.
After 16 years of ownership and 49k miles of fun family life has put an end for the need of the trophy and it’s been sold to someone who’s going to mint her back up and spend the money bringing her back to factory fresh . Really sad to see her go but onwards and upwards to sensible family car ness! Made him a little gift to pass ownership on! Ill
Miss her but not the £300 a year tax haha image.jpg

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sad times, I have had a few life turns where really I should have jumped ship but I'm now 149k miles deep and too late to sell now 🙉🙉

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mine needed Sachs doing , belts doing, full service doing , paint work I just didn’t see me getting time plus got my other toy I really need to work on!

Jas

Reaction score
Matt,

was an absolute pleasure to meet you. Your car is in safe hands and I know it will be sad to see it go but I know for a fact that Peetee will chuck you the keys and let you drive it whenever you wish. Couldn’t have gone to a nicer guy.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi jas, that’s why I let him have a deal on it I know it will be restored well and have a good life haha

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sad times Matt. I really hope the next owner takes good care of 485 and does it justice. I also hope they appreciate the lovely gift you put together for them.

Yes he will and yes he does.

It was an absolute pleasure to take 485 off your hands Matt and thank you for your time and patience - you are a great guy

Anyone who knows me well knows my preference in car - high powered & RWD. After having had the misfortune of having my arse completely handed to me down some back roads in Wales last year - my fate was sealed. The m140i is some 180+ horses up on the 182 Trophy but down some of the Welsh twisties I just couldn’t quite hold onto the rear bumper of the Jas’s (at the time) 224 - does also help that the lad can drive. Had I pushed on any harder I would’ve been off the road. Only a driver can appreciate the 182 Trophy IMO

Since that very enlightening experience I’ve been looking for a 182 Trophy on and off. I just let Jas know that if anything caught his eye that he should reach out to the owner immediately. 485 will almost certainly never be sold - my 2 year old along with all other kids in my family will learn to drive with 485 when they are old enough under my supervision - all whilst the world is busy going electric

Trailered home in the family wagon - 812NM torque put to good use. Thank you Jas and thank you Matt. Won’t let you guys down.

F3C70BE8-CB81-4304-B7A6-47FAB4D06458.jpg

86F18168-8A95-4730-9173-E99904882C95.jpg

Cheers.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Lucky kids haha I think when this fiestas done will be scary in other ways , 180bhp in that Clio is spot on twisty roads embarrass many exotics bets being a Porsche Boxster haha

Jas

Reaction score
Peetee, glad its finally happened that you’ve come to own one of the best hot hatches ever made and that ever will be. You won’t have any regrets!
Look forward to seeing the progress, I know for a fact you will look after it whilst having an absolute hoot of a time.