Brand New Sachs. (Group Buy)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Has anyone come across this company in France selling new Sachs dampers for the Clio Trophy?

They told me that they are an "original product" but I'm no expert. The images seem to be of the real thing. They also have a similar set for the Twingo Trophy. I'm wondering whether they are passing off something else as an original item.

If they are original shocks then I'd be interested. They come in at 640.53 euro delivered (£570). They are also prepared to offer discount for a group buy. I'm waiting to hear from them as to what sort of discount they would offer.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
If those are original items then that is stupidly cheap. Last time I enquired (admittedly it was about 12 months ago) Renault still wanted in excess of 3 grand for a new front pair. And that was if they could source them (which was proving difficult at the time).

Reaction score
Trophy No.
If those are original items then that is stupidly cheap. Last time I enquired (admittedly it was about 12 months ago) Renault still wanted in excess of 3 grand for a new front pair. And that was if they could source them (which was proving difficult at the time).

It does seem a bit "too good to be true"! The store is a 3 hour drive from Folkestone... anyone closer fancy a trip to France to check them out!?!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Did you check with them that the price is definitely for 2 dampers? I know in the description that its says they come in a pack of 2, but in the box above on the webpage where you order, it says qty 1. Don't know if this means 1 x pack of 2 dampers, or 1 damper?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Did you check with them that the price is definitely for 2 dampers? I know in the description that its says they come in a pack of 2, but in the box above on the webpage where you order, it says qty 1. Don't know if this means 1 x pack of 2 dampers, or 1 damper?

I’ll check

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I’ve not heard back on whether the price is for two but here are the discounts on offer:

5 purchases : 10%

10 purchases : 15%

20 purchases : 20%

Reaction score
Trophy No.
They’ve emailed back confirming the price is for two dampers.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Interesting! I don't know what the normal cost of refurbishment is as I've not had to do it yet, but from what I've read, sounds like at this price they could be bought new for a similar price to refurbishment?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
When I asked where the stock came from this is the response:

The stock is out because Renault Sport have used this to beginning the Twingo R1 in rally”

Not sure what that means!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I asked if there was any difference between the twingo and Clio shocks:

Yes but onlyone difference

“Thé adjust Burton is blocked for réglementation rallye but it is possible unblock this”

Reaction score
I recall a chap selling his T a few months back who had swapped the dampers to Twingo rally car spec. From memory he claimed they were identical other than the inclusion of an additional ‘scraper’ ring to further reduce dirt ingress (a known weakness/drawback of course).

These are an amazing find and astonishing value if legitimate, therefore.

Reaction score
Well... jumped in for a new set of the advertised Clio Trophy Ones,
Apprciate group buy attempts but my own experience is that big ticket group buys have never come off..folk pulling out etc. grabbed some brembo to mk2 clio fleixs too (they are made to correct length) in on the postage. These are for future projects as i have bought these previously from this company and all was good.

will see what turns up. if they are what they say they are will be interested to see how easy they are to depin when minty and new..

Reaction score
They are legitimate, Optimiz access struck a deal with renault sport. He's bought back remaining stock of Twingo R1, R2, clio cup racer parts etc. These are genuine but be careful he is listing both 54mm and 60mm bolt spacing on the site but as dablk mentionned both say "pinned" because he just copied and pasted the same description and so does both say "60mm spacing", one of them is wrong obviously.

The link above is certainly the 54mm version as it says "clio" but "non cup" in the description. This one should be correct http://www.optimiz-access.fr/chassi...ts-sachs-trophy-entraxe-60mm-twingo-2-rs.html but ask him to make sure or ask me to do it for you :) This one set does include the additional scraper seal.