Brand new Rear clio trophy shocks WANTED

Reaction score
This black one is same as the silver one ?

They are the same with different color. I think production was re-started to equip the Twingo R1/R2 and are still produced as the car is still rallying and need parts :)

It may not have the Renault sticker though if they are sourced direct from sachs (ZF) although we can unclearly see a sticker the size of the Renault one on the picture.

Reaction score
Reply from the website:

Hi,

we have one item in stock, but we can order more kits.

Group buy is possible, do you have an idea of the number of order ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be up for a group buy if there's other interest?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Their reply:

“for 10 pairs we can give you a discount of 20%.
One order for all the kits and contact us before.

For springs, its no longer available.”

Reaction score
I would wait a bit if I were you before placing the order through. I felt responsible as I posted the link so I exchanged emails with CLM inquiring about the Renault/ZF sticker. CLM confirmed that these shocks do not carry any Renault sticker just a sachs one. I then asked how they can be differentiated from regular Clio sport dampers sold by sachs and the response was that their distributor assures them damping is per trophy specs (but they carry same P/N as regular ones...).

Does not mean they're not genuine but I'll keep asking question and come back...

Reaction score
Last mail received with very frank response from CLM. Of course he cannot verify Trophy damping rate and has to trust the distributor although he sold many sets already and never had negative returns. I asked if he could get some sachs documents from distributor that shows they're definitely Trophy specs shocks.

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
If you chaps are interested this is a pic of Both old and new Trophy shocks with sticker part no,s. [ For you reference, if you need it],,,These were bought from Renault Wolverhampton in 2017...Via ebay, although there is none left now.

DSC_0358.JPG

Reaction score
Mines are installed so couldn't check especially with the cover boot but are there any numbers stamped anywhere on the strut other than the sticker?

Reaction score
Latest news from CLM: distributor does not provide documents from sachs certifying dampers are Trophy specs so need to trust both distributor and CLM. I guess you should rather build a group buy to only buy 1 set and sent it to one of you who can then check it's the real deal. Again it may well be, no reason to doubt it but I would just be cautious.

Reaction score
I did measure the difference on the rears against std cup units.. It's not a big difference but it is " different " about 3%in bump and 5% in rebound if I recall ..

That’s a lot of agro for “perhaps genuine”, wrong colour, non-sticker and all the rubbers you have to source/new boots vs £65 a pair inc all the mounting/boots of a 182 cup rear. Or konis

As per Riks post.. worth it?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I have to say, having fitted the originals, I’m still tempted to get the Koni’s. Longterm I don’t think anyone will care what’s on the rear.

Reaction score
Does fitting something like the Koni shocks make all that much difference in comparison to running an original rear shock?

Does Koni do a particular shock for the Trophy or is it really just for the 182 model in general?

Reaction score
That’s a lot of agro for “perhaps genuine”, wrong colour, non-sticker and all the rubbers you have to source/new boots vs £65 a pair inc all the mounting/boots of a 182 cup rear. Or konis

As per Riks post.. worth it?

Feel strange to put a link up, everyone jumping on it and then cooling everybody off with my comments and researches... sorry guys. The rear trophys do feel firmer than cup shocks for sure but are they absolutely required? not sure either and 300€ is really a steep price with only a slight valving variation from regulars that cost 4 times less... just put a DaveS sticker on cup shock and it's 99% stock (black color is OK, new production was black) :)

Reaction score
If you chaps are interested this is a pic of Both old and new Trophy shocks with sticker part no,s. [ For you reference, if you need it],,,These were bought from Renault Wolverhampton in 2017...Via ebay, although there is none left now.

View attachment 24720

It has the same part number ! I would think they are the SAME?

Reaction score
Think you have missed the point.

Yes the Renault restock items in black where the same part number. They are now no longer availible. The question is now these “other non Renault ones” that are claiming to be the same.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The price for the original Reno units was always a hard ask, the same kind of money for some of dubious spec, pretty sure that's going to work for me.