Reaction score
Hello all

I am after a set of rear clio trophy shocks

Please let me know if you know where !

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Trophy No.
RPD site is showing out of stock and the other bunch in Wolverhampton have none on the bay at the moment which doesn't bode too well.....

Reaction score
I tried to buy some off Renault wolverhampton from eBay last week & today they refunded the money.

They also sent a message saying they are no longer available to buy from Renault & their eBay listing has now been cancelled.

I'm almost at the point of losing hope I'll ever get the origional suspension on the car. Can't get springs & now rear dampers. May just have to give up & go the cup route.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I’m really surprised that the eBay listing has been removed as it looked like the still had quite a few left. When I last checked they had over 30 pairs left. Wish I’d bought a pair now!

Is there any difference between the Trophy rears and a set of cup rears?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yes, I always meant to buy another spare set especially as I should have learnt the lesson from part availability for the 5GTT. General consensus seems to think that they are simply a version of the 172/182 but make by Sachs but i don't think anyone has ever measured them. I think maybe fit the Koni and put the Sachs away for later.

Quick question of my own. Do the dust guards that come with the rear 1*2 dampers fit the Sachs?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi, has anyone got a picture of the rear Sachs by any chance? And what the original part number?

Cheers

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Here is the part number.

5E4B3C86-0762-4646-8437-3B04735A56DB.jpeg

I have a brand new spare set of the oringinsl silver version in the garage which I can take a picture of for you tomorrow.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Does anyone know whether the rears can be reconditioned? These are looking harder to source than the fronts!!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Like the wheels from Speedline, I thought the rear and front dampers for that matter were a Renault commissioned item and as such those manufacturers would not be able to supply even if they wanted to. But heres hoping.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I did measure the difference on the rears against std cup units.. It's not a big difference but it is " different " about 3%in bump and 5% in rebound if I recall ..

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I did measure the difference on the rears against std cup units.. It's not a big difference but it is " different " about 3%in bump and 5% in rebound if I recall ..

Was that firmer in bump and rebound over the cup ones? Also, could they be serviced like the fronts?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yes firmer than cups.. but as I said it's very subtle
I haven't looked into servicing as they were still available to buy.. Plus the cost would make it ridiculous .. The Konis would be a far better bet