Braided brake hoses, recomendations needed.??

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just thought ide ask the "masses" to see what you all recomend in the way of braided brake hoses.
Im contemplating replacing the standard versions on my car...
HEL,
Goodridge.
I know some come with stainless ends,,,, obviously better....
Any others.????
Cheers for now...

Reaction score
I prefer Ktec that has the line protected with a plastic sleeve over the braided part. Goodrige standard braided line has the braided part exposed.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I've got a set of HEL in my boot that I've not fitted.

I'd usually go Goodridge as I can get them cheap via work, but bought HEL as they were £30 in a christmas offer.

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mikey, you cant just say avoid "xyz" without an explanation....
Please explain......

Reaction score
I used to have the Goodridge Phantom lines (bought from George Snee @ Road Track Race parts (y) ), and now have HEL with the four pots. No qualms with either.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
You can't go wrong with Goodridge or the HEL lines really. I've always preferred the Goodridge (on all cars) and not been disappointed.

Reaction score
In the past i have heard nothing but good things about HEL lines, but recently seen more complaints about them, the Ktec stuff, just not a fan of any of it :p

Reaction score
I had ktec lines fitted on my trophy not a problem with them. Made by someone else any way. I would go with any of them tbh all going to be an improvement over standard lines.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I've had a set of Goodridge lines fitted for around 9 years now. The fittings have started to go rusty and the clear sheathing had gone a bit yellow due to the heat from the brakes but other than that they're still performing as expected, they've never given me any problems, I rate them highly.

I can't imagine there is much difference between any of the manufactures mentioned. I'd happily fit any of them.

Mine had plated fittings which is why they've gone rusty, opt for stainless if you feel that's an issue.

IMG_1337.JPG