Blyton Park 2024..

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Not a Clio today I'm afraid, but it appears I'm attempting my best Chris Harris impression at the wheel of Tweed yesterday at the annual Mk1 Mini Blyton Track event...

Tweed_Blyto_24_01cf.jpg

Another brilliant day out! Full write up of these activities coming soon, in the usual place. :LOL:

Reaction score
I reckon both you and the car are a shoe in for the next Goodwood Revival Ed ;)
You certainly have that "get the hell outta my way" racing driver stare nailed down :cool:

Both Tweedy and that lovely 1071 S, two very fine specimens of the original little tearaway.

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I reckon both you and the car are a shoe in for the next Goodwood Revival Ed ;)
You certainly have that "get the hell outta my way" racing driver stare nailed down :cool:

Both Tweedy and that lovely 1071 S, two very fine specimens of the original little tearaway.
Well, those are very kind words Francis! 😀👍

I reckon the Mk1 forum Blyton event is one which you’d love in your own wee Mini. A real highlight in our calendar now!

Reaction score
Well, those are very kind words Francis! 😀👍

I reckon the Mk1 forum Blyton event is one which you’d love in your own wee Mini. A real highlight in our calendar now!

Is that a new event Ed,cant say I've heard about it before.

What track is it held on?

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Is that a new event Ed,cant say I've heard about it before.

What track is it held on?
On it’s 9th year this time (2nd visit for us), it’s at Blyton Park in Lincolnshire - owned by Ginetta these days.

It’s a great little airfield based track with various layouts to try. For example the morning session this year was on the fastest version with a couple of decent straights, with the afternoon one seeming to be more technical with some tight off camber turns - perfect for the Mini’s! 😀

The event is organised by Mark Forster & Pete Flanagan from the Mk1 forum, with the track side of things taken care of by Javelin. It’s slightly unusual these days for a Mini event as it’s strictly classic Mini’s only on track and in the paddock area, so no modern BMW content is present really, which I think is actually a good thing in this instance. It’s also a charity event with donations taken at the gate which go to MacMillan - over £4k raised this year. 👍

Reaction score
Sounds like a great day out Ed and as you say, different again as its reserved
for the "original" of the species ;)

Looks like you got the weather as well, which always makes such a big difference
to events like this.

Plus a very worthy charity gets something out of it as well.