Belgian GP

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
everyone sign it!.... disgraceful decision imo, i still can't believe how obvious the bias is towards Ferrari. If I was lewis and massa wins the title based on this decision i'd leave F1 - it'll cost mosely, eccelstone etc a huge amount in terms of PR.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Its a Fookin Joke ! :evil: It winds me up even thinkin about it !

Reaction score
It now seems that the FIA are now working on the basis that the 'defaulting' driver must not attempt to re-overtake until after the next corner. Whether this has always been the case is not clear; if it is a clarification, don't see how they can apply it retrospectively. Certainly McLaren have Charlie Whiting on record as OKing the move. Should be an interesting appeal.

Reaction score
i think your overlooking the fact that he gained an advantage by cutting the chicane. he gave back a part of it and fell back into his tow and out braked him. had he not cut the chicane he would not be in a position to outbrake him, that was the advantage he gained and thats the advantage that cost him. Like ALL the drivers point out, had he waited another corner it would have been fine, he would have won. harsh but true, an advantage must be relinquished in its entirety. another case of his racy instinct getting the better of his brain. give him 3 yrs i think he will be pretty untouchable.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i have to disagree, i think he'd have been as close going into to the next corner anyway - he may even have passed him on the short straight between the corners as even though he lifted he was only 6 mph slower than kimi.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think this one could run and run, i think it's quite interesting that most of the drivers seemed to agree that a punishment was warranted for an infraction, everyone agree's that he had to give up the position but as George says it's the more subtle clarification that you are then not allowed to pass until after the next corner that's puzzling :?