Been to have a nosey at this today

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I’ll never understand how anyone could leave a car that long. Can’t be because of money as they would have sold it. Probably a write off after that amount of time. So sad. Knock the door?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Trophy No.
You have to remember that back in 2012 they were worth peanuts and if it had a major issue then the owner might have cut his losses, who knows? Probably as rotten as a peach now, but an excellent parts bin.

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
ive been told the Guy is in the Army and has turned down numerous people wanting to buy it.
Looked quite a straight car after having a quick walk around it - inside was good too - seats great condition

Shame to be just sitting there really

Ajracer

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Saw this last year on FB.
Sorry to see but as said the car had the value of any smoker when it was parked up.
Back in the early 80s it would be the norm to see E types,Astons,Lotus and many other prestige cars in a similar situation.

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yep your right - Pete who did my paintwork is just on with a Mercedes 300SL 89-F 40k - 1 owner car
( last of the Just R107 Shape) He has put 2 new Front Wings on it and a full paint - not the best colour for a SL of that period in my opinion - Black with Grey leather - will be a very nice car when finished.

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Bodywork is better than my No63 came when I bought - it but you can turn them around if you are willing to spend good money on them - Spent 5k on mine so far and still going.

Have to say, No. 63 looking great now Nick, definitely worth the spend to bring it back from the brink. I've just shelled out similar on No. 407 on fairly routine upkeep, but worth every penny to keep it driving as it should. 👍

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Dodgy MOT and it’s on Ed making a fortune - as we have seen recently though good cars make good money and average cars struggle - I went to look at a low mileage car a while ago and decided to leave it due to the condition - unfortunately some cars are just a little far gone regardless of age/mileage to bring back.

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks Ed - when ever your in Huddersfield let me know as I’d love to show you the car - also was telling Pete my Bodyshop man today about another owner who may need some work on there’s in the future

Oracle

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
ive been told the Guy is in the Army and has turned down numerous people wanting to steal it.

Merely from a parts perspective, negotiations should start around £2k, .

These Clio`s are extremely rot resistant, and there is a good chance this car could be saved.

83mm forged pistons are available, should a rebore be required.

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks Ed - when ever your in Huddersfield let me know as I’d love to show you the car - also was telling Pete my Bodyshop man today about another owner who may need some work on there’s in the future
I'll certainly have to call by at some stage Nick.

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
As we all know these cars are a bit wafer thin down the sides and are subject to dents/press marks
I’m sorry to say I couldn’t look down the side of mine if it was ripely and full of filler to make it look straight
Had my dent man on No63 three times to make it as straight as an arrow

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I shouldn't laugh, but this car keeps popping up every year or so and - as always - is not for sale for whatever reason. I think this is, sadly, destined to rot where it stands. Very sad.

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I shouldn't laugh, but this car keeps popping up every year or so and - as always - is not for sale for whatever reason. I think this is, sadly, destined to rot where it stands. Very sad.
I'm waiting for the day when someone builds a shed round it and declares it a "barn find". 😆