Average MPG

Reaction score
Hi,

Before you all say depends on your driving style... I know that! :)

What is you T's average MPG?

I am getting 27mpg max on a 26 miles journey mostly on cruise control and on the motorway. The petrol needle does go down awfully quickly :( Range Rover quickly!

Lastly - I had a friend plugin a diagnostic tool and the rear O2 sensor was not fluctuating at all..is that normal? Would that have an effect on fuel consumption?

Thoughts?

jsthomson

Last edited:
Reaction score
Over 7,200 miles I'm at a calculated 31.43 mpg. The trip computer suggests an altogether different figure.

If you want a broader response rate there's probably a similar thread already in existence on cliosport.net. I appreciate it's not a Trophy-specific forum but most 182s share the same engine so your response rate increases from a maximum of 550 to several thousand.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
18mpg the last time I checked it properly. Which was some time ago admittedly. And the engine wasn't exactly standard. Or working optimally :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Low 30's. Depends on the type of road as the back roads to/from work beg you to nail it.

Given the short gearing, I find sitting at 70 really hurts the mpg on a cruise and can't get much past 35mpg indicated. For full economy mode I need to sit at 60 or less.

Reaction score
Afaik..Rear o2 is just for the cat working.. Do you not have an engine light on if it's goosed?

both my old 182 and trophy can get 40mph just about on a 70mph cruise... According to the trip computer. It was noticeable after my belts were retimmed / changed that this drastically improved on the trophy from 32 on the same 70 mph cruise.

Reaction score
I just checked out my Trophy number 193 and it was on 40.2mpg after a 4 hour return trip up to Wiltshire earlier this month.
The best I have achieved since purchasing this Trophy is 42mpg. You can't complain about that.

Reaction score
I just checked out my Trophy number 193 and it was on 40.2mpg after a 4 hour return trip up to Wiltshire earlier this month.
The best I have achieved since purchasing this Trophy is 42mpg. You can't complain about that.

I would be happy with that too... low-ish to mid 30s would be good:)

jsthomson

Reaction score
Afaik..Rear o2 is just for the cat working.. Do you not have an engine light on if it's goosed?

There are no engine lights on at all... I have spoken with a couple of ppl and they seem to think it should be fluctuating.. not much but a little... but when plugged in to diagnostics it's not moving at all...???